Owners review

C Nash

Well, let's see if we can get all talking. What kind of camper do you have? What are the pros and cons?
Heres ours;
2000 Keystone cougar 278 fifth wheel w/slide towed with a 95 chev 3500 turbo diesel. Purchased from Dandy RV in Birmingham Al. in Nov of 99.I would rate it a 4 star out of 5 and Dandy RV has been great with what few problems we have had. Problems so far; fan on stove came off (fixed myself) bath fan ran in reverse (fixed myself) T-handle on dump valve broke (Dandy gave us a new one) recall on frame (Dandy repaired) The only major problem was a leak (rain) in the slide and Dandy did a great job and have had no leaks since. All appliances have worked as expected and finish and trim has been excellent. Have camped in 18 degree weather and the furnace kept us cozy inside and did not run all the time. A/C worked fine in hot weather. Had some concerns about lite weigh trailers but, it has been a great entry level unit so far. Will probably trade for a M/H before we start fulltiming in 1 more yr. I would reccomend the cougar to anyone for a entry level unit :) Happy camping

Chelse L. Nash
fulltimer03@yahoo.com

Gary B

Owners review

We have a 94 Bounder 34J motorhome on the Ford F-53 Chassis with 460 & E4OD tranny, we love the layout, the dual pane windows, the basement storage, I really like the utillity bay, It drives and handles like a dream. Haven't any problems and only done routine maintance, replaced the shocks with Monroe super RV shocks (557 series), changed engine and tranny over to Mobil 1 syn. lubes, replaced stock Ford muffler with 3" free flowing muffler, installed additional spin-off tranny filter with temp gage. I would rate this MH a 4 star out of 5.
Our other rv is a 96 Hideaway 855WT slide-in camper by Sun-lite Corp. we haven't had a problem with it either, have been all over the western US and to Alaska with it, plus summer camping in MN. Wis. ND, SD. We have this on a 1993 Ford F-350 dually with a 460 and the 4EOD tranny have no problems with this unit either, it has 100575 miles have used Mobil 1 in the engine, have a aux spin-off tranny filter with temp gage, before we got the MH we pulled a 30' Terry 5th wheel.
We are thinking of going back to a 5th wheel, problay a NUWA Hitchhiker II S series. Happy trails GB

David

Owners review

My father probably built the first pop-up in the fifties. He built a utility trailer to the size of our tent and put a mattress in the bottom. We made many trips including one from Alabama to Pikes Peak,CO. Later we pulled a tag a long for a number of years. As an adult my family started in a tent, then we pulled a 20ft Nomad all over the southeast. When the nest became empty we bought a 23ft Allegro on a Chevy chassis. Except for being stranded on the side of I65 for a night with a trashed transmission we didn't have any problems. We used it for six years. Our current MH is a 1994 37ft Pace Arrow on a Chevy P30 chassis. We love the floor plan and plan on many years of travel after we get the engine replaced. At 49,000 (We put 3000) the engine was trashed. We should get it back this week with a new Jasper rebuilt for motorhomes engine plus everything under the hood new. We feel like it will be like having it new because the coach looks new inside and out. Wish us luck and happy traveling to all of you. Thank you RVUSA for a great forum.