Oxidizer remover

Discussion in 'Class A / Diesel Pushers' started by Guest, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am looking for a REALLY GOOD oxidation remover for a motor home...
    It has been kinda not kept up and now the new owner wants to ge it up to shape..
    They have asked me to do the deed :(
    I need a good oxidation remover and restorer and a good polish for a gel coat finish...
    I don't care the price,,, also does anybody have any input on this subject????
    Thanks

2. DL Rupper

DL Rupper Senior Member

RE: Oxidizer remover

Gel Gloss Heavy-Duty RV Cleaner & Wax works, however be prepared for lots of elbow grease. If it has heavy oxidization it may take 2 coats. Nothing is easy. :angry:

3. ARCHER

ARCHER Senior Member

Re: Oxidizer remover

If it is too far gone, all the elbow grease in the world won't bring it back, but will help. I'd try a small area first to see if it worth doing the entire motorhome. If not, Paint? I have an old 89 Class a and have used several kinds of wax, cleaner, restorer but can't recommend any special brand. I used a lot of rubbing, then more rubbing and then hand wax and then buffing with buffer. It does look pretty good for an ole gal, but does need a few paint tough ups here and there. ;)

4. Bush70

Bush70 New Member

contact Lovett Marine. The have a kit for RV's that works great.
    Good Luck

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I kinda tried some stuff from wallmart (it was boat wash and polish)
    It seemed to work pretty good so i'm gonna go with it...
    It won't look like new but better than it did,,, At least now it has a shine...
    Thanks for all the input :) :) :) :) :)

6. wingrider

wingrider New Member

I am in the process of using Meguiars #49 and topping it with #56. Doing a great job.

Jim Johnson

7. sharring

sharring New Member

Gel coat is softer than car finishes so do not use regular rubbing compound to get rid of oxidation. Regular rubbing compound will take the gloss off the gel coat.

8. gallion

gallion New Member

StarBrite for fiberglass will "really" bring back the color. Takes off the oxidation. It is actually a marine product. rubs on and off easy. You will need a wax afterwards.