Pace Arrow 1999 rear brake need disk

BigJoe

View attachment 175Hi guys,

I´m from germany and I own a 1999 Pace Arrow, Ford Triton V10, 35ft. The motorhome is stored in Michigan and I use it when I´m in the USA for vacations.
On my last trip from Florida to Michigan the right rear brake has problems. The brakepads are worn out and so I stopped with the disk. No I need new pads and disks, but even Ford couldn´t tell me exactly, which spareparts I need, because there are many different. I gave them the VIN number, but I got from different mechanics differnet answers.
Now I don´t know what I have to buy. Perhaps someone of you could help me to find the right parts, because I would like to replace the disk and the pads by myself.

This is a picture from the wheels. There a wheel cover and there a 8 lugs. Does that mean, that the disk has 8 bolts, too?
I tried to remove the cover last year, but I don´t know how.
Can I pull it off or is the cover fixed? I couldn´t find anything that fixed the cover.
I hope that you can understand my english...........

Thanks
Joe

Attachments

• conv_111.jpg
    conv_111.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0

akjimny

You (probably) have eight lug nuts on your wheel cover. Two of them will be marked in some way (mine have indents) and they will be opposite of each other. Remove these two and the wheel cover should come off. :):)

C Nash

Joe my HR has 4 lugs that hold the hub caps on. These four lugs are not very tight so come of easy with a socked and ratchet. There are eight lugs under the cap that hold the wheels on. These are torque and not easy removed.

H2H1

hi Joe, I have a Fleetwood Southwind, the similators come off. AS stated before the lug nuts will have indents on the 2 that is holding it on they are straight across from one another. The wheel itself is held on buy 8 lug nuts

BigJoe

Hi all,
wonderful, that will help me :) thanks a lot!
But I have another question:

The wheel has 8 bolts.
I contacted Ford and they gave me this numbers:
The part numbers you need are 8u9z-2001-c for the rear pads and
f81z-2c026-aa for the rear rotor.

I found a picture in the internet that shows 10 holes in this rotor, but my wheel has only 8 bolts.
Is there something between the wheel and the brake disc? :confused: I can´t look at my motorhome, because it is in the USA and I found no picture that shows me the contruction from the brake and axle.
I know german car breaks but no american motorhome breaks :eek:

Joe

C Nash

Joe maybe two of the holes are lineup but dont know. Will probably be finding out before lons because we have 45k on our MH and brakes are probably in the near future.

BigJoe

C Nash;76443 said:
Joe maybe two of the holes are lineup but dont know. Will probably be finding out before lons because we have 45k on our MH and brakes are probably in the near future.

What is Ions? I don´t know that word :confused:

BigJoe

I´ll get crazy.......I contacted different dealers, 7 or 8....and one group said: F81Z-2C026-AA and the others 6U9Z 2C026 A......is the right number for the rear rotor.

:indecisiveness:

C Nash

But you will be lucky if either one fits. Best way take the old rotor and match. As I said welcome to the mechanics world of getting the right part and even if it's right it's made in Mexico and want work!! LOL

H2H1

Now Nash, what choice does he have, it Mexico or China, nothing made in AMERICA any more. Well we do have welfare babies made in USA

H2H1

AWWWW I thought it was because you was cheap and looking for a item that would make you the next millionaire

BigJoe

H2H1;76492 said:
when in doubt do like Jimmy stated, buy both and send the one you didn't need back.

Yes, that´s an option. But I would like to bye the rotor now. I need him not before August 2013 !! I want to let him send to my friends in Michigan, where the MH is stored. Our next vacation in the USA is in August 2013, not before :(.....the money.....:( I thing it´s cheaper to buy now than in 1,5 years.....

C Nash

Have your friend to remove the rotors and pad and take it to local ford dealer to match up. Napa is also a good place to get parts.