packing II

G

Ok this is for us guy's ,, i know there has been a post on what the wife or such packs ,, but this one is for what us guy's pack ,, and not the stuff for use at the CG ,, but stuff we think we really need to make it to the CG ,, and this goes for not only MH owners ,, but all rver's also ,, and i know most will say they will call their service provider ,, and also know that few can not do it them selves ,, i am not trying to start a big argument over what is or what isn't ,, what i am getting at is ,, what us guy's pack for say road side emergencies
I myself pack ,, on my MH just about everything to rebuild it on the side of the road ,, i carry so many parts ,, and tools ,, that Napa want'd to put their logo on my rv ( JK , not really) ,, but what do u all carry ?? That could make it more easier for u to fix u'r self ,, or wait for say hrs ,, on the service company ,, when u could be at u'r campsight ,, having a cold one and cooking out on that grill u have (that is another post,, rv CG must have stuff ) I got this idea from a post ,, in the full timing post area ,, on "packing" read it ,, and u'll see what i mean :laugh: :laugh:
But again ,, not trying to start a big debate ,, just some thoughtfull insights ,, on these winter, non rving times we have ahead of us :angry: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:

C Nash

Re: packing II

Well seeing as how the old bones have now limited my ability to do much anymore my list has shortened. Carry very little money use the plastic. Have to have one of the guns along can still use it. Small set of tools for minor jobs. Air compresser for topping off tires regular but need new one. Duct tape a must. Cell ph to call emergency rd service. !/4 tank fresh water. Extra fuse bulbs etc. Covers for the tires, sealent for leaks, laptop and everthing else I can't remember.

JimE

one thing I will never leave without is one of those Plano flat tackle boxes. I have spare fuses, misc nails and screws, some misc coax connectors, a small piece of emergency wire, light bulbs, misc winodw shade tie down parts, a couple of the plastic drawer slide parts. hose washers, extra lan cable, a couple of clothepins, a spare lighter, box knife and about a dozen other things that I cannot remember but have come in handy. The duct tape and tool kit are must along with a really good flashlight ( I carry one of those 10 million candle lights). I also carry a spare windshield wiper blade. My wife and I both carry a 9mm and keep a shotgun in the bedroom. Nothing like the ominous sound of a pump shotgun being cocked to scare away the Hitler youth. I carry a can of fix a flat but every flat I have ever had has been a doosy that the can itself would fit in.

LEN

I already have the small tool set in and when we pack I shove in 2 tool box's I have for rental repair(most tools and parts for everything) plus my 18v drill, saw combo pack. If we are headed for fire pit country the small chainsaw gos in axe always in. The BBQ, flashlight,s radio's and all the fuses, light bulb's, O rings are always in. Xtra fluid's for the coach and cleaning in and out are never taken out. Note to self no shovel in, take care of this. Oh forgot the several flashlights, glues and small ,bolts and such.

LEN

Shorty

Duct tape & WD40 :laugh:

I carry everything I can think of to use; tools, jack, wire, fluids. I believe in Murphy's Law, so if I have something that I can fix it with, it shouldn't break ;)

G

I hear u shorty ,, i am the same way ,, u would not believe what i carry ,, but one thing i don't carry ,, and that is stuff to fix stuff at the CG ,, i am way over equiped for the trip (on the road) but if something goes wrong while camping :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ,, note to self >>>> install another compartment for CG what if's :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bleh: :clown:

utmtman

I carry one of them little tool bags I found at walmart with the basic around home tools and add as needed. Used to have enough tools to rebuild any vehicle made until my basement box opened while exiting the interstate in Louisiana and several thousand dollars worth of tools and tool boxes all name brand snap-on, mac, craftman, matco, and blackhawk, all went for a walk and I did not find that out until later. Went back and they were long gone. Did find a box of parts and my electrical too box. I have a new air compressor that is supposed to air any rv tire. Have not tried it yet. A small grease gun and several funnels. Got a nice knife collection and have started a new gun collection with three pistols, three rifles, and a shotgun. I also carry three 5 gallon propane tanks which I use when I am at a location for extended period so I dont have to move the rv to get propane. I carry two heavy duty extension cords.

Shorty

Heck...you should see what we carry when we go on trail rides in the mountains and rock with the jeep. Imagine a quiet moment, then all of a sudden you hear an impack gun running...the the sound of someone welding...no inverters, just they way we pack
One time was funny, One guy hollarded that he needed a zip tie...without dropping a beat the answer was what length and color?
We're so prepared it scares Murphy and his dogs & cats :cool:

G

now u know how i pack my MH shorty ,, yes impact gun (electric ,, 3/4 drive ,, 800 ft lbs in reverse ,, 400 in forward ,, cost ?? priceless ) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CharlieS

I never thought of having a little fresh water in the tank - good idea.

One thing I carry that I haven't seen mentioned is a small rip saw that I use to trim low hanging limbs that prevent me from getting the camper into position.

I always have my S&W and actually have permits that are valid in most states I travel.

You guys know about the Florida non-resident permit - right? Not too dificult to get and good in 30 or so states.