Parking pad

jparrini

We just bought our first motor home. Yaaaaaaaaa! Here's the question......I want to build a gravel parking pad for it beside my driveway. It's a 31 foot class C Gulfstream. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

C Nash

Re: Parking pad

Welcome to the forum Jim. Guess I would just level it and get a dump truck load of gravel :eek: :laugh: :eek: . Don't really understand what you are wanting to know Jim and hope you don't take my odd sense of humor wrong :)

H2H1

Welcome Jim, I like and think what Nash is telling you is the best and cheapest way to go. But I am taking it one step further, get you a metal awning shed to protect it from the element. I don't know where you are, but a friend of mine got 12x21 installed for $595.00, but of course your would need to be bigger so the price would be more. Good luck and happy camping.

G

i had the gravel pad for some yr also ,, Jim ,, and as Hollis said ,, i have the awning ,, and yea alot more than his friend paid ,, well for mine ,, but now ,, i have made the gravel into concrete ,, and like it alot better ,, but one thing the area infront of the pad is still gravel ,, and when it rains ,, my Mh will sink even in the gravel ,, but the ground there is very soft ,, but that is in the works for the future also ,, and welcome to the forums ;) :approve:

I'm supprised no one has mentioned that you check your home owners assn & the city code , if you live in the city. Some will not let you park even on your own property ! I learned the hard way . It took 3yrs for the city to find me & that was after I spent over 4 grand. I almost moved to Alaska !!! Good Luck.

Dean

TexasClodhopper

Go ahead (after checking with the POS POA) and install a service post with water, septic and electricity so your MIL can live outside your home. :clown:

H2H1

well I removed about 5 - 16 yard dump truck load of dirt when I dug out the hill on the side of my driveway. Once that was done I put up a stack stone wall, then I poured about 18 yards of concrete so I would have a place to park my MH. OH yes, I did have someone to say I could not do it. I kindly told them once they start making my house payment and paying the taxes, then at that time they could stop it from going in. Not a word has been said since then. I already had power ran out to it before I did the extra work. So mine is and has all ways been parked on concrete. I also in the winter put boards under the tires to get them out of the water and off the concrete. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jparrini

Good tips, thanks all.....can't wait to get on the road. While I'm asking things, anybody have any suggestions as to the best type of cover to get? I see lots of different kinds made out of different material. Any where from 250 to 500 dollars. What say you all? We're in Eastern Tennessee........lots of rain and heat. Thanks

Shadow

You can go to albums and click on recent photos of users and see what we built. You would have to redo your budget though. :)

H2H1

I HAVE A ADCO TYVEK COVER that I got from Camping World. But I did not know Ken Hurt at Grand View Trailer Sale then. But, now I do and I buy what ever I need from him. Give him a try and see what he do for you.