Parts Question: Flush Door Lock

ampm11

Dear RVing Friends,

Greetings. This is my first post and I'm a relative newbie to RVing. My family and I got a serious "crash course" in this great adventure this summer when all 10 of us (that's right, we have 8 children from 14 yrs to 23 months) snuggled up in a 31' Dutchmen RV and traveled 9,300 miles. It was awesome! But along the way, as you can imagine with that many young children, we had some breaks and bumps (to the RV, that is, not the kids :laugh: ).

One of the things that broke was the inside door handle on the side door. It's a flush mount lock and I'm not sure where to get a replacement. The RV is 12 years old, so the lock is older, also. I don't want to order the part offline and get the wrong one. When I've stopped at RV sales stores they don't have it in stock any longer. In a perfect world, I could find a used one that works ok and save myself the $100 cost for a new one.

I've attached some pictures of the lock from different angles. Any advice or direction is appreciated. Thank you!

Paul

ampm11

RE: Parts Question: Flush Door Lock

Ok, I was not able to upload the pictures on my first post for some reason. I'm going to try to here. Sorry for confusion and thanks for your help.

ampm11

RE: Parts Question: Flush Door Lock

I was not able to upload the pictures. I keep getting an error message. Hey, MODS, why can't I upload? The file is a .jpg under 100kb. Thanks.

Kirk

Re: Parts Question: Flush Door Lock

Do you have a manufacturer's name? Most of them use only two or three different lock assemblies. Also, the brand name of the RV could be helpful.

ampm11

The RV is a 1998 31' Dutchmen. It has the V10 Ford van front. There is no manufacturer name on the door lock.

Grandview Trailer Sa

I am thinkng you have the big door handle that is no longer made. If you could get your pictures working, I will be glad to take a look.

ampm11

Hi. I sent you an email directly with pictures of the door lock. Did you get it? Thanks.

Paul

ampm11

To all,

I found the door lock I was looking for. It cost me a cool $159.00. But it's finished. Thanks for the replies. This thread can be closed.

G

GTS ,, please dont say "snow " it is early in the yr yet ,, still summer :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

ROD SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW, Now doesn't that sound cool :laugh: . Well it is still in the low 90's here so some cool weather would be nice

G

Yea thanks Hollis ,, i hear that all day long from Lynn when the temps drop below 60 :disapprove: :angry: :angry: :angry: