Pet RV section

dbl-d

What would be your thoghts on starting a section for the pets that go RVing with there owners. It would give folks a chance to share experiences when traveling wiht furry or feather kids.

It would also let those folks that don't travel with pets the opertunity to share some of the mis-adventures and problems that they see with pet owners. ;)

dbl-d

RE: Pet RV section

This is Mrs. dbl-d, We will be traveling with our bird Bugsy, hes a Haghns MCCaw. He's a smallish bird that talks alot. He already has his travel cage and we will get him a little larger one for the TT. He is new to traveling.
We are looking forward to our adventures with him.
Any info and advice will be appreciated.
dbl-d

dbl-d

Re: Pet RV section

Don't know that McCaws do get car sick. Can we use your truck for a little trip with the bird to find out Clodhopper. We'll clean up the mess if it does.

I think dogs will some times get car sick cats probably will also.

any body have an idea?

cwishert

I can guarantee you that some dogs get carsick. I think it all depends on how they were raised. We had a Rat Terrier that would throw up as soon as the car started. Our Miniature Schnauzer loves to ride though but he just can't sit still. He likes to run from seat to seat to see what every one is doing. :)

H2H1

That the reason we don't travel with the cat. The first and last time was when we had a TT and went up to the lake for the weekend. The first night the cat meow all night long, so we got up and let her out for 24 hours we never saw her. we did go looking for her but we couldn't find her. It was getting close to the time we needed to leave , but we gave her 15 more minutes, dang she showed up. I picked her up put her in the cage and we went home. we have never tried it again with her. I see a lot of rvers with their pets and it must be ok for them, just not for us.

C Nash

We also tried once with our two cats Hollis. Never again :angry: I have never liked animals in my house so sure don't want them in the rv. Most rvers must not either because every one for sale says no pets or smoked in but seems as though ever camper seems to have a pet with them when camping :laugh:

H2H1

that just a sale pitch, look around at the pets in the rv CGs. I see alot of pets there so someone is fiving about their RV :question:

C Nash

Now Hollis, you know a salesperson would neeeeeever tell a lie just to sell a rv ;) :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

YOU ARE RIGHT :) i just made a mistake. we know they would tell a lie oop story to sale. but what about owner who say the same thing :question: :shy:

G

well i have 3 shelties and one shiztzue (how ever u spel it ) and that is our grand puppy (see album) anyway the shelites love to travel ,, but they are used to running free here on the farm ,, and when i put a leash on anyone of them ,, they think they are in trouble ,, they are great ,, never messed in the house ,, now the GP ,, will go as soon as a door to any car is open ,, and she loves the MH ,, and the beach ,,, she don't care if she's on a leash or a chain ,, jsut aslong as she can go ,, she loves to play in the ocean ,, and dig in the sand ,, her best part is sleeping under the umbrella on the beach with me ,, she will stay out there as long as i do ,,, but this MO :laugh: ;) ;) ;)

H2H1

the only good PET that I have is my better half. And Rod she uses the MH to :clown: :clown:

dbl-d

OK back to my original question, can we get a forum setup for Pet RVing?

It appears that a bunch of folks have furry or feathered children/pets that they take with them. It would be a good resource for all and be a new source for RV stories. The Crazy thing pets do camping. :) :) :) :cool:

TexasClodhopper

Dave & Doris, send a PM to 'cinnister' Cindy (click at the top of the page where it says "inbox" in tiny little letters.)

Cindy is the one that can get something like that done.

dbl-d

Well TC we found out today what happens when a bird gets car sick :( they throw-up !!!!! :angry:

we decided to take the bird for a short rise about 8 miles round trip. some place along the way it got sick, Have never seen a bird throw up before

any body got any suggestions?

TC have been watching the postings to see if your made it through Ike.
We're praying for you and the rest down there. We went through Alicia

TexasClodhopper

I was being a little facetious earlier with the 'sick bird' comment, but a friend of ours did find that out with a bird she had. She tried several times, and eventually the bird would throw up as soon as she started the car! :clown:

Thanks for the prayers! I guess they worked for all of us! :approve:

dggreer

I have a german shepard that likes to sleep at night under the gas detector. One night we went to bed and I heard her pass gas and shortly after the gas detector went off. I guess the detectors also detect methane besides propaine. :approve:

SnowbirdInFlight

We travel with our two poodles. They ride very well up in the truck while going from site to site. They curl up in the back seat and snooze until we stop for a potty break or food break. My poodles adopted kittens are another story! They are now four months old (on 12/07/08) and boy are they a handful! I still haven't found a no-kill shelter that I can leave them at. Even the 'no-kill' shelter here in Gulfport killed 717 last month!!! So, instead I'm getting them fixed on 12/12 and shots given. I would love to find a great home for them. Let's see:

They are

Totally house/RV broke

Always use the litter box, never had an accident

Ride very well in a cage in the truck

Don't get car-sick

Extremely friendly to humans

Extremely friendly to dogs (at least the two poodles we have)

Will be 'fixed' or neutered (both males)

Are very pretty (black and white)

Will have a three year rabies shot

Will have the other needed shots

Very healthy and happy!

RV friendly

I wish I could keep them myself, but since Jim breaths through a hole in his neck, shedding cats are not an option. By the time I have the surgery performed on them and raising them for this long I will have hundreds of dollars invested in their upbringing. That is why I can't just turn them over to a questionable 'no-kill' shelter. I'd much rather find a great RV couple to take one or both of them. Just think of how great they will be broken in, lol.

Since it is so close to Christmas I just wonder if I could sell them as the pur-fect gift, ha-ha.

Any suggestions out there?