Pismo Beach Update

ironart

Just got back from Pismo Beach, CA and had a wonderful time....
The Monarch Butterflies are there (by the thousands) this time of year and got to see them, Up Close.

Stayed at Pismo State park ($20.00) first night....Great park but no electric..

Went to the Pismo Beach for second night and stayed on the beach....Still no services but great fun....
Cost $8.00 for over night camp and $4.00 for day use......Really a trip to drive miles on the beach.....Stop wherever you want and just out your chairs and get your feet wet with the incoming serf.....

Rod would Love it Here Temp in the Mid 80s (but that is really warm for this time of year) Great Time....

Stayed at Carpenteria St. Beach the next night ($20.00) with electric....Again, On the Beach but in a level camp sight......Probably the best night of the whole trip.....Another Must see place....

Was out a little over a week and had a ball....No problems to report and everything went well.....

Just a note: We didn't have any reservations but it was Winter, and Mid Week.....The rangers told me that in the Summer it is a lot different.....Carpenteria may take a year advanced res. But what a great spot for camping......

Will post some pics in the next day or so......

Paul

C Nash

Re: Pismo Beach Update

Sounds ae though you had a great trip Paul. I heard Rod crying all the way down here in Alabama when he read your post. :laugh: Good information on the camping thanks. :) I always wondered where all them Monarch Butterflies were headed when they come through Alabama headed always to the West.

*scooter*

Re: Pismo Beach Update

Just gotta love the coast. In beautiful Morro Bay (just north of Pismo Beach), there is a really nice campground (Morro Dunes) at the end of Hwy 41. Camp there and just walk across the street to the beach.
Thanks for sharing Paul.