place of battery charger

madmax

I own a coachmen 1992 345Si
with cummins 5,9 diesel

i just cant find the place of the battery charger!!!

I know there is one because voltage goes up when i plug it into 220volt or when generator runs

does anybody know
looked everywhere

thanks Max

Attachments

• conv_21.jpg
    conv_21.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0

Triple E

On my old coachmen the converter was placed behind a removable panel in the bedroom. It was sitting between the panel and the shower on the floor. In the coach that I have now it is located under the Refer. Good luck.

Also, WELCOME!

Pancanbob

Hi,
I don't know if this will help...
when you are plugged into shore power, your battery charger should be charging your batteries..... you should be able the "hear" a hum or maybe a fan running :eek: ... also try turning on all the DC load, to make the charger work more.. and maybe more noise ... hope this will help
Good luck

Pancanbob

Hi,
I don't know if this will help...
when you are plugged into shore power, your battery charger should be charging your batteries..... you should be able the "hear" a hum or maybe a fan running :eek: ... also try turning on all the DC load, to make the charger work more.. and maybe more noise ... hope this will help
Good luck

Great idea! Saves money, saves the environment, and if you have one in your player while the other one is charging you will always have a fresh battery.

Danomt

Just curious, why are you looking for it. I have owned six motorhomes, they are built into the system. They all worked so I didnt worry about them. I could hear the humming, they are useuly incorporated into the converter/inverter system.. tks, DanO

madmax

View attachment 58

I FOUND IT

IT was behind a hatch on the outside! the only panel that had to be opened with two screws on th back

Then it opens just like a hatch....

I wanted to find it because my batterys were not charging well.
Now I found it ......
I did wat somebody suggested looked for the humming sound which was quit difficult but I located it anyway.

The charger/ converter is 50 amps and is of a german make because the camper is made for european market everything is 220 volt The mark is CALUIRA LG850A It is working perfect so It must be the batterys that are gone

anyway problem solved

Thanks max

Attachments

• conv_46.jpg
    conv_46.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0