Portable Oxygen needs - What do you use

We are taking a 2 month trip around the SouthWest. I need oxygen 24/7. What recommendations for the oxygen do you have? We are new to using oxygen & are finding there is a variety of types.

Looking at liquid oxygen but don't like idea of taking a large reservoir that needs refilling every week.
Currently use pressure tanks as portable "to-go" oxygen....these are heavy & have short duration time.

Also considering a small purse size, "Life Choice" that has batteries. Would also need large concentrator .
Anyone have experience traveling with these issues?

Thank you!

akjimny

I bought a SeQual Eclipse 3 portable oxygen concentrator for the Boss Lady since she requires oxygen 24/7 also. This is a larger portable, but it comes with a wheeled carriage, AC and DC chargers and can run 24/7 when plugged in. We tried a smaller AirSep concentrator three years ago, but it did not produce enough oxygen for her and we had a medical emergency as a result.

The SeQual has given us good service for the past two years on our trips to and from Alaska. In my opinion, the smaller concentrators just aren't worth it. They don't produce enough oxygen and the batteries don't last that long.

I tried to get Medicare to pay for the concentrator but they said they would pay for renting one - not buying one. You might have better luck. Hope this helps some and if you have more questions, post back and I'll try to answer them.:):)

bkschwarz

My mom uses the Sequel Eclipse as well and it has given her the freedom to come with us in our motorhome. We had a 2000w inverter installed in our A class and we were able to dry camp for three days with her 3 batteries.

LEN

Spammers can't figure out they have been here before with the same exact worded bad english.