Portable waste tank

kb69co

I am looking at buying a portable waste tank. Probably the 35 gallon Thetford Smart Tote XL. I was wondering if any one has any input from personal use with these. I can't find any reviews of them. I saw a lady exchanging one (27 gallon) at CW. She said they had only used it twice and it cracked and was leaking by the front wheels. She did say they loved it and had used a smaller one for several years with no problem.

H2H1

Re: Portable waste tank

Hi Kim and welcome, I have a large one that I have never used. I store in the shop it does come with a carrying handle. I prefer to stay at camp grounds that has full hook ups, so I really don't need it. I have seem the new ones that has the internal hose that make dumping a lot better and cleaner.

dennis1949

I just bought a new 27 gal. one with the internal hose. Used it the last 2 weeks Worked great and was easy to use.

C Nash

We have had ours for several year and it's great other than it's hard to get all the waste out. Outlet should have a better design. New ones may have solved the problem. Think ours was the 35 gal.

WandaLust

We have a new 22g Blue-Boy and find it awkward to dump and hard to lift using the handle to get it over the hitch ball when full. Unfortunately the SP and COE CGs don't have sewers at the sites were we like to camp. :(

raskal

RE: Portable waste tank

We have one that's a bit larger (we wanted one to got with our 40 G tanks) with a gate valve at the side to assist with "flushing" ... don't have to use it much but it's been there for us when we've needed it.

My advice, just don't wait until you're near full 'cause the beast is heavy getting it to the tow hook!

Lakejumper

I was looking online at the Barker brand Totes and they have four wheels with a side mounted dump valve. It appears that you don't have to lift them to hook to the ball hitch and you can leave them laying down on all four wheels when you empty them. Has anyone had experience with this model?

WandaLust

Lakejumper - 8/16/2009 5:49 PM I was looking online at the Barker brand Totes and they have four wheels with a side mounted dump valve. It appears that you don't have to lift them to hook to the ball hitch and you can leave them laying down on all four wheels when you empty them. Has anyone had experience with this model?

I wish we had known about this model before we bought the one we have.