Power Converter replacement

mfournier_04

Hi guys, this is my 1st time here, great site!! I have a 1991 Terry Resort 22H that I inherited from my parents. It has been a great trailer, but my power converter seems to have bit the dust!! My appliances & lights don't work but my power outlets do (this is all when I have it plugged in). I am under the impression that it is the power converter not doing what it is supposed to. Can I replace this older travel trailer's power converter with a newer power converter or do I have to search for a specific converter? Thanks in advance

Steve H

RE: Power Converter replacement

Well, I truthfully don't know but I can't imagine you not being able to replace it with a newer version of similar specs! Our rig has a Progressive Dynamics Most of the units are under $200.00. Not sure about the quality but it is what came with the rig.

Our converter has a fuse bank in the back. Not sure but you might look to see if there are some fuses on the unit.

Be sure to check that you are getting 120v to the converter power cord.

Best Wishes!

C Nash

Re: Power Converter replacement

Welcome to the forum Mark. No reason you should not be able to replace the converter. Just be sure to ck everything out before purchasing one. Could just be a fuse as Steve said or a bad connection. A VOM meter and a little electrical knowledge is all you need to troubleshoot it. Keep us posted on what you find

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Power Converter replacement

Yes, a power converter is available for your trailer. Tell me the name on your converter and the amperage...25, 30, 45..etc. A model number would help if you can find it, and I will tell you what you can get.