Power Source for Leveling System?

scottb80

I just finished repairing my HWH leveling system that hasn't worked since I bought the Big Rolling Turd:D. I had to put on a new tank and fix some bad wiring. The 12V for the pump led up to the engine compartment, but was disconnected when I bought it. I felt that since it was a power hog and needed fast amps when run, that hooking to the engine battery was the place to be, did I guess right? The 12V cable was long enough that it could have been hooked anywhere.

Clay L

Mine is connected to the engine battery and my manual says to have the engine running when the jacks are being extended or retracted.

Some coaches have a lockout that keeps the jacks from being operated when the engine is running to prevent moving the coach by accident.

Mine has a loud alarm and I guess Winnebago thinks that is enough.

Pancanbob

Hi, Scott
Mine is the same as Clay L's, keep the motor running while deploying the jacks & Retracting them.
Also after the jacks have been up and I'm driving down the road the warning Buzzer will start to sound.
I hit the "Retract", I was told the the oil in the line starts to get warm and expands and I get the alarm
Take care