Price of used RVs

kc@madville

I am in the market for a used travel trailer or fifth wheel. How much over NADA value should I expect to pay for an RV? I haven't seen one yet that is in line with the value listed on NADA?

Pillaz

RE: Price of used RVs

Hi Carla,
Welcome to the forums. It is hard to price used RV's. Keep looking and do your reserch. What part of the country are you from. (Some area's in the coutry RV's are just not selling) In my opinion I would think that you should pay below blue book. In my experience RV dealers do a lot of hard selling. So I just walk away. There is not a lack of used RV's for sale. GTS will probably give you good advice on this subject. You should also read the threads on Forrest River Products.
It is important to get an RV that is right for you. Don't be afraid to go through any of the units with a fine tooth comb. Rv's usually hold up well if they are well maintained. If not you could be in for a nightmare. Don't be afraid to haggle. Think along the lines of 30% off what they are asking. Look at a lot of units There are still many good deals out there.
You will get a lot of good advise on this forum though.
Good luck and happy trails

kc@madville

RE: Price of used RVs

Thanks for the good advice. I'm from central Texas. We are having a huge oil boom here right now. Consequently, rv's are at a premium as well as most rv parks are full because of oilfield workers. KC

TexasClodhopper

Re: Price of used RVs

Carla, that sounds like Fairfield! They put an RV park in downtown Fairfield! It's all booked up, of course.

kc@madville

I'm about 30 miles north of Fairfield on I-45. Every rv park within 50 miles in every direction is full.

TexasClodhopper

American RV in Corsicana is where we stay intermittently. We have a 93 year old cousin that lives in a retirement center there, and we go visit. It's west of town on 31 near WalMart.

That's probably where you're staying.

elkhartjim

Sounds like we need to open another cg. Except oil is down to $119 today. Is the bust coming?

Pillaz

You might want to try the Pheonix area. I know its a long way away but you may be able to pay for the trip with the savings on the RV. Pheonic is loaded with RV dealers. Just a thought.