Problem in the dersert.

Discussion in 'Class A / Diesel Pushers' started by LEN, Feb 8, 2010.

1. LEN

LEN Senior Member

Just a note as it may happen to you. If you have a freightliner and a Cat. We had the power steering fluid return line wear through, had a bit of oil on the towed and thought the slober tube to be the trouble but NOT. When I opened the rear bay doors and looked to the ground, FLUID, nuts. The reservoir was all but MT. The problem was at the bumper and top cap joint(it's a sharp edge and cut the hose). EZ fix right, it is low pressure, well I couldn't get the right male to male connector so I tried to jam a too big connector and put a jerk(me) and broke the 90 degree out of the reservoir, now I have a problem. But surprise it does unscrew(thought it was welded plastic) and made a run for parts and surprise again ACE had what I needed. 2 quarts of fluid and the hose put back together and fixed with snap ties holding the hoses away from danger. So anyone with the frightliner and Cat take a look a snap tie or two may keep you from a break down. Think I will crawl around and look for other wear points I can correct before a problem arises.

2. Triple E

Triple E Senior Member

Re: Problem in the dersert.

Thanks for the info Len. Sorry you had this happen. You just reminded me that it is time to drain my reservoir and refill with new.

3. utmtman

utmtman Senior Member

Bummers Len but glad you got it fixed without having to put something in hock.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Well i agree ,, i have seen heater lines done the same way ,, the ones from the engine to the front of the coach ,, i have went over mine ,, and any lines or anything that looks like it might rub something ,, got tied up away from that area ,, Good point Len ,, i bet others will be now thinking about all of this ,, it is something that most do not think about ,, till it happens
    ;) :( :approve: