Problem with my Sofa!

Snowy

We have what Winnebago calls the "Extendable Sectional Sofa" in our new RV, it is supposed to sleep 2 but due to a hight difference of 3" between the seat and backrest portion it causes you to roll down onto the lower level. I have asked Winnebago if there is a topper that I could buy that would even out the step. The reply was "NO" the seat was designed for sitting!!!!! After speaking to local upholsteres to make me a 2 layer topper (1- 3" thick to cover lower section and a second 1" thick to cover the complete bed), they are not willing to take a chance. If there is anyone who could help me with foam densities it would be a great help. I know it will not be perfect, but anything would be better than what we have.

Thanks
Snowy

C Nash

get you some foam different thickness and play with it till you get the feel you want. Then take it to your local uphouslery shop and get them to cover it. Tell them it's your decision and if it dont work you will not blame them. Very few sofas in rvs are really confortable for sleeping. Make that way so company wont stay long LOL

Snowy

Thanks Chelse, I'll try to explain to my wife the reason they make it like that. But the guests are her brother and his wife!!!! Should be fun 4 adults and 2 Std Poodles for 3 weeks in a 38' RV with an uneven bed:triumphant:

H2H1

Hi Snowy, just to let you know mt sofa bed is the same as your. I sleep on mine each and every time we are out. I bought some mattress foam pad and place under the mattress at the head. I sleep very well now. The pad was 2'' thick and got it at Wall Mart.

C Nash

Have to watch Hollis Snowy. He could lie done in a bed of thorns and sleep well!!! LOL JK Good thought he gave so give it a try.

Snowy

I new I would get some good info from this site. Told my wife what you said about not makeing it too comfortable for our guest, so I spent last night with the Poodles!:)

H2H1

well Snowy at least you got no back talk last night, and just maybe SOME more sleep BTW My brother and SnL rode back with us from Flagstaff AZ a few years back and they complain about the bed. I told them I would stop off at the next motel or air port and the could take a plane home and sleep in there bed or the motel, the choice was there., Man like over night they slept great. Never said another word about the sofa bed.

Snowy

Working on some idea's with the foam, will post when I find the right combination.

Thanks again to All
Snowy

C Nash

Sorry i got you in the dog house Snowy. LOL We also use foam on ours. Well we did but we took the sleeper sofa out and installed a love seat. Now we have no place for company to sleep!!

fairlane

C Nash;77567 said:
Sorry i got you in the dog house Snowy. LOL We also use foam on ours. Well we did but we took the sleeper sofa out and installed a love seat. Now we have no place for company to sleep!!

That's my kind of repair!!

akjimny

I've been thinking about pulling out the sleeper sofa and puting in two recliners. Anyone had any experience doing this?:):)

akjimny

Haven't seen the love seat recliner Chelse. Guess I'll have to google it and see what one looks like. Thanks.:):)