problems with slide out

shannaph321

we have a 85 modle hichiker 2 champagne edition the moter on it was bruned up when we got it but we cant fined a manual place to get it in does anyone know if it even has one or were it may be thanks :)

C Nash

Re: problems with slide out

Welcome to the forum shanna. Kind of confused here as to what you are asking. Are you searching for a way to roll the slide out manually or how to get to the motor to replace it? On my HR you have to use an open end wrench 3/4 I think but it's just about impossible for one person.
'

LEN

Welcome,
It maybe the shaft itself that motor drives. If it is square or several sided shaft a wrench oh it and start turning. Most motors have a clutch or dog so you can disconnect it. Just about anyway you can get ahold of the shaft to turn it. And here I am assuming it is not a hydraulic.

LEN

ARCHER

Shanna, look on the opposite side of the slide out (the other side of the trailer) under the side near the side frame and see if you see some hole or protruding tube that a tire jack or sissor jack type wrench might fit. This might be the manual crank for gettng your slide in/out. When you say the motor is burned up....are you sure or is the wiring just rusted thru so that the battery is not connecting with the slide motor??? I have a Sunnybrook 2008 and after one year the connection line on the inside of the front tongue where the battery wiring runs to the slide motor had already rusted out and was not making cotact so it did not work, until I held the wiring to the contact post and had wife run the motor to put slide in......will replace connection when I get back to Florida next month. Just a thought....Welcome ;)