Propane tank gauge

krsmitty

I have one of the propane gauges in the link below. I had one originally and it seemed to only work for a day or two then would shut off and not allow gas to flow. At first thought it was a bad gauge, so exchanged it for another and this one works the same way. Works for a day or two then shuts off.

Is there a trick to using these gauges? Does it shut off because it thinks there is a leak?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Propane-Tank-Gauge/13350316

Thanks.

vanole

Not familiar with that set up.

With that said the last two propane cylinders (Worthington) I bought had guages that came with them. I use these two cylinders on different gas grills at the house and to be honest they are not very accurate.

Hope someone who uses that set up responds.

Jeff

akjimny

Ken - My smart-@ss answer is smack it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work - it was broke anyway.

H2H1

Ken I have the same one, from Wal Mart, but it is on my BBQ propane tank, so for no problem. The propane tank on the MH has a gauge built on it.

C Nash

My guess would be that this guage features a built-in detection system for leaks and an automatic shut-off for safety. The fuel flow can be regulated with an emergency flow control depending on the type of appliance us. Taken from the valve description.

krsmitty

vanole;84266 said:
Not familiar with that set up.

With that said the last two propane cylinders (Worthington) I bought had guages that came with them. I use these two cylinders on different gas grills at the house and to be honest they are not very accurate.

Hope someone who uses that set up responds.

Jeff

I know what you mean. We had a saying back in the USAF days..."If all else fails, get a bigger hammer"

Grandview Trailer Sa

When will people realize that Walmart sells Walmart quality. They demand every supplier give them the best price there is...therefore every supplier has to figure out how to meet the price and usually build to Walmart's pay level..
Year before last someone bought OUR Awning mat made by Camco. A friend of his bought an awning mat at Walmart made by Camco. At first the guy was whooping and hollering over the great price he got. It was about $10.00 less than ours. At the end of the FIRST season, the Walmart one was coming apart. The guy who bought from us is still using his, now in the 3rd season.....

C Nash

Well I have a wally world one that is 8yr old and still good. Having said that my other choice here is Camping World LOL.