propane tanks

Discussion in 'Class A / Diesel Pushers' started by garyo, Feb 23, 2016.

1. garyo

garyo New Member

I have 2 I is for propane gen. 1 for stove & heaters, 26 gal ea. question how can I join them to use gen fuel for the main tank.

2. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Main tank?? Is your engine a propane burner? Don't really understand what you are asking. They make switch over valves for the tanks.

3. garyo

garyo New Member

propane generac is gen. sep. tank 26 gal . inside motor home stove, furn., water sep tank 26 gal . propane. want to use a stay a while valve set between tanks .so I can use fuel from one or the outher.

4. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

If I am undersyanding what you want yes you should be able to get a switching valve from most any rv store

5. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

6. garyo

garyo New Member

c nash I was wondering about the sturgus , or the stay a while set up, you can use a ground tank or hook a grill up

7. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

garyo, not familar with what "sturgus" is? If you are staying in one place a ground tank will work. The propane co should be able to hook it up.

8. garyo

garyo New Member

Mr. Nash sturgus or the stay a while campo. are valve system that goes between the tank & regulator. it allows you to use eather tank. gen propane can go to the house tank or house propane can go to generator ,