puma pull camper

pumadoug

I seem to have problems with puma camper I had a fleatwood they are bult . I am having a problem with the comverter again Lights blinking converter is a wf-8930 /50 world friendship . please help

G

RE: puma pull camper

Why do say again ??? did u have rpobs with it before ,,and if so what was the fix ,, need a little more info on this

Triple E

Re: puma pull camper

Need more info. what was your last problem? do your lights blink when connected to shore power? 12volts lights or 120 volt lights. What are the other electric items doing? :question:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Sounds like he needs to change the converter....but like we said, not enough information.

Puma is NOT a Fleetwood trailer, it is a Forest River. Their entry level...

LEN

Again need more info,the wf-8930 /50 is a distribution panel nor a converter. But could be batteries or connections as a start.

LEN

pumadoug

RE: puma pull camper

sorry pumadoug Here goes Puma travel trailer lights blink 12 v last fix was a new converter it seems i have this problem is once a year around winter time Converters cost 150.00 200.00 each time ;)

Grandview Trailer Sa

I am gonna give this a shot....

Sounds like you do not have a battery on the trailer, or maybe a dead one. This is how it is supposed to work:

ALL the 12 volt sysytems run off the battery, period. The Converter/Charger recharges the battery, period. If your battery is dead, or off the trailer, the charger has to supply the 12 volt for the trailer. It is NOT designed to do that. Maybe it is getting hot and kicking out and reseting itself. That would give you blinking lights.

If you have a good battery, you lights cannot blink. IF and I say IF, your battery is good, there could be a blown fuse between the battery and charger giving you the effect of no battery.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Have you checked the fuses?? Are your batteries charged?? IF you have good batteries...your lights cannot blink.

You might have a blown fuse between the charger and batteries.

Without being able to look at it, other than that, I don't know.

pumadoug

this is pumadoug I am going to get a new converter thinks everybody all ideas were great THINKYOU . :cool: :bleh:

Triple E

What are the voltage on the batteries? Each battery should be above 12.6 volts. When you are plugged into shore power the batteries should have, I believe, 13.2 or better volts.