purchasing a new fifth wheel

jopool

My husband and I bought our first travel trailer last year and have found that we spend more time in it than we thought we would. We are really enjoying the RV life.....but the TT we bought is too small - so we are looking to purchase a fifth wheel.

We are looking at a Keystone-Montana (3400rl) & Heartland Big Country (3500RL) - any body have any info on which is the better deal.

You know - good or bad advice on which one to buy? I am not having any luck finding a website that compares the two and they are both similar floor plans.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Kirk

Re: purchasing a new fifth wheel

If you are interested in quality ratings for RVs and also in learning how to determine such for yourself, the best place to learn is by joining the RV Consumer Group. You can find them at www.rv.org

stktrader

Re: purchasing a new fifth wheel

Also check pricing online within 500 miles of your zip code. Some great bargins can be had on the 08's. I got the best price on one 5th at 30K in So. Cal. Oregon dealer sold the same 5th at 25K. Best price on the Thor Summit that I looked at at their drop dead price of 20K plus prep charges and other miscellaneous. Bought it one county away at 19K with no dealer prep charges or miscellaneous. Take the time to find the one you want and then start the search for the best price out of town.

cougar281

RE: purchasing a new fifth wheel

Hate to say it but I would stay away from Keystone. Just bought a brand new 2008 Cougar. Has major construction issues. They are really cutting corner to get products out and probably save money. I personally will never buy another keystone.