Question about awnings

roger1960

Hello all. I bought an 1993 Southwind RV and it is the type that has curved sides. I wasn't thinking and went on craig's list and bought an awning. It is straight and my rv walls as I said are curved. My question is what kind of awning can I buy that will fit or am I just out of luck? Thanks again. Next week we are going to Lake Tahoe for the week and looking forward to it.

Roger :)

C Nash

Re: Question about awnings

Roger, I know that Airstream has the curved awning arms so you should be able to find just the curved arms somewhere. Maybe Ken from GTS can answer your question. Welcome to the forum.

RE: Question about awnings

Roger, you may or may not have a problem! You did not mention if your awning arms on the curved wall motor home work or not. there is a chance that the awning you bought will go on your old arms. if not you can order them, but when you do you will need to know what brand of awning you purhased on craigs list. I hope this helped

Randy

roger1960

Thanks to all of you for your comments. The arms I bought do work, but only for a streight wall motor home. I will look at the Air Streams see if I can use this awning with their arms. I am happy I found this site as I will have many questions later on.

because He Lives
Roger

Grandview Trailer Sa

Dometic makes curved arms for various manufactures. Find a dealer close to you that can order from them. Maybe your tube and fabric will work on different arms.