Question about chassis noise

utmtman

When we walk into our front room portion of our rv (05 Holiday Rambler Vacationer) we hear a noise like the jack is coming up a little or the rv is pushing down onto the jacks, kind of like metal sliding thru metal. I am sure its just a body squawk but we have not had it in the past. I checked to make sure we were level and not loosing the jack and its is fine. How does one find a body squawk and is there really a cure for it?

TexasClodhopper

Re: Question about chassis noise

I have something like that (I don't have jacks) occasionally. I attribute it to movement in the suspension. It has a metallic sound that is dampened a bit through the flooring.

utmtman

Thanks for the info tex. It just bugs me some days. The wife keeps telling me I need to fix it. LOL

G

well Lee why don't u get out there and fix the damn noise ,, or u could just crawl under it with a can of wd40 and then crawl out and say all fixed ,, get's u off the hook ,, u never know :eek: :approve: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil:

utmtman

LOL I told the wife the first time we find a cement pad I am going to crawl under it and have her walk back and forth to see if I can find the noise and do just that. She said today its probably cuz we are parked on gravel and the gravel is shifting. I said yea probably. Gotta keep the peace. LOL

utmtman

Good idea Jim. But if this thing squawks as loud under it as it does walking thru it, aint no one gonna get much sleep. LOL