Question

beatcop49

I have a 2012 dodge 3500 Dually. The wife and I plan on going full time for a couple of years while she takes travel nurse assignments. Our plan is to purchase a JayCo Pinnacle. What would be the best 5th wheel hitch to buy? Also, 15, 18, or 20k?

C Nash

Go with the one that will handle the weight of the Pinnacle if thats the one you will be keeping. Dont know what size the Pinnacle is but most of us tend to get bigger rvs ever so often. If you think you may go that route go with the heavy hitch. JMO Welcome to the forum

akjimny

The Jimmy Motto - "If some are good, more are better." A 20k hitch will haul a 15k load but a 15k hitch won't haul anything any bigger. And like Chelse said, we all tend to upgrade sooner or later. Welcome to the forum. Post back and let us know what you decide on.:):)

krsmitty

There are numerous brands and types of 5th wheel hitches. Slider, non-slider, automatic/manual sliders etc. The costs also vary as much as the brands. You will need to do some research on the various types and see what is right for you. I went with a Valley and have been pleased with my choice.