Questions Needing Answers

Action Jackson

Hello! New to RVing since my new rig arrived (well, new to me). Have some questions.[*]My rig is a 1968 Finklemiegher 2931A travel trailer. Does anyone have a manual for this trailer?[*]There aren't any lights coming on when I turn the switch. Is there a battery in here somewhere? I don't see any wires outside.
[*]This trailer has been sitting out in a field for over 13 years. How do you get mice out from underneath the cabinets?[*]The roof just looks dirty. I am waiting for a rain shower to test for leaks. Should I have some pans handy on the inside?[*]There is a spot on the floor to the left of the bed that gives way underfoot. How can I prop this up on the underside? Which would be better? A 2x4 or a 2x6?
[*]Does this stove use natural gas and butane? [*]Where can I get blocks of ice for the refer?[*]I know about all the joys of the outdoors and breathing the fresh air and how healthy that is, but where can I find a door for this model trailer? My woman is getting bug bitten.[/list]

Sorry for all the questions, but you know how us newbies are ... clueless!

PS. I'm towing with a '59 Desoto with a straight six. Do you think that has enough power for the steep roads in the mountains? If you're behind me, you might just as well pull over, because I'm in no hurry!

C Nash

Re: Questions Needing Answers

Welcome to the forum Action Jackson. Think you will be out of luck for a manual but who knows what's out there. There will be or supposed to be a battery somewhere. Lights are probably 12 volt and should have a converter but maybe this model didn't. Doubt that a battery is still in it of if it is after 13 yr!!! Most were mounted on the tongue but could be in an outside compartment. Mice out from under the cabnits, traps. Leaks just usa your garden hose and spray it down looking for leaks. Probably needs a good wash anyway. You dont want to prop up the floor. Replace the rotten wood. Probably find more than just a spot. Good area to watch for leak. Stove should be propane unless someone converted to natural. Hard to say where you can get block ice since you don't tell where you are located. Some stores here sell hot ice and there are outside location where block ice can still be purchased. The Desota 6 will have it's hand full if the trailer is a 29 footer. By the way never heard of a Finklemiegher rv!! Is it German made? Good luck and keep us posted. Sounds like a fun project. AJMO

H2H1

Nash for some reason I have feeling this one is a joke. Like you never heard of such a unit, and why a 59 Desota. I would think just pulling off would put it under a strain.

C Nash

Hollis, those old 6 in line were pretty stought. Remember Lucy towed the Long Long trailer with a Mercury or Buick I think but I read somewhere what they had done to the engine to get it to tow. Can't get more classic than a Finklemiegher rv and Desota :laugh:

C Nash

I did goggle Finklemiegher rv and the only thing coming up was this post. I also noticed Action Jack listed no name in his profile. Maybe he will be back if he is legit. We are waiting Action Jack.

akjimny

Everybody remember - it is April Fool's Day. Just sayin....... :eek: :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil:

C Nash

See you are online Action Jack. Is this an April fool!!? :laugh:

LEN

Boy I saw this first thing this morning and got it without coffee, just before I got one on the wife. "APRIL ONE"

LEN

wimpy

While doing a search ran across this 7.5 yo thread. The original poster had a sense of humor even if he wasn't particularly accurate with his facts. Don't believe Desoto had a 6 cylinder after the mid-50s,