Rainbow Springs State Park, FL

H2H1

Re: Rainbow Springs State Park, FL

Ken those are some really nice pictures. Where is this park located in Fl.. It looks like one I need to go and discover. I will be in St Andrews State Park this weekend.

Triple E

I agree. Looks like a nice place to spend some time. Hope you find it hollis. :cool:

krsmitty

H2H1 - 8/1/2011 9:20 PM

Ken those are some really nice pictures. Where is this park located in Fl.. It looks like one I need to go and discover. I will be in St Andrews State Park this weekend.

Hollis, the park is just outside Dunnellon, FL.: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.096977,-82.43042&spn=0.240895,0.278435&t=h&z=12

You are at one of our favorite parks now. One of our Grandsons lived in Panama City and we spent MANY days at St. Andrews. We tried to hit as many parks up in that area that we could. You might also want to stop at Three Rivers (2nd favorite), Falling Waters, Florida Caverns and Torreya. All state parks.

H2H1

OK thanks, I went on goggle and found the park. But wife was concern about the gator's, did you have any encounters with them?

we want be there till Sat

krsmitty

Nope, no gators. Saw some otters though. If you get into the Tampa area let me know.

krsmitty

Might also add that there is not much shade on their sites. There were a few sites around the back edge of the park with shade. Site #50 looked the best, pull thru with a canopy of trees..

Triple E

krsmitty - 8/2/2011 9:36 AM Might also add that there is not much shade on their sites. There were a few sites around the back edge of the park with shade. Site #50 looked the best, pull thru with a canopy of trees..

Are there snakes hiding up there in those trees? :eek: :laugh: