Rattlin Pipes

Sticwlkr

I noticed the last couple of times we have used our 5th wheel, the water pipes rattle to beat the band..This last time it is real bad. The unit is still under warr. but I was just wondering if it is something I can do to make it quit. The rattlin seems to b behind the wall behind the shower stall..Oh duh I bout forgot to mention it only does it if the water pump is on..City water the pipes are okay..It doesn't matter what spicket is turned on the pipes start rattlin from the pump..Is this something the dealer will need to fix ?

Any advise would b good. I have some other issues to address with the dealer while under warr.

ARCHER

Re: Rattlin Pipes

If it is under warranty, take it back and let them fix it. Why go through the hasstle of trying to do it yourself? That is why they have a warranty.

hertig

Do it soon. They 'fixed' my similar problem in my old trailer by putting foam sleeves on the pipes to muffle the rattle. Worked ok for a few months then the rattle was back.

Sticwlkr

Thanks for the input I'll let them fix it ..I'm just wondering how or why it does it just when the pump is on and doesn't do it when on city water..

ARCHER

mIght be that the pump is located close to the pipes that are making the noise. City water is a constant pressure so that may be why no rattle. The pump is demand based on water need. Just a guess.

hertig

That's what it was on mine. The pump 'pulses', and the vibrations cause the pipes to loosen where they are tied down and rattle with each pulsation. I vaguely recall seeing an 'anti-rattle' kit somewhere, seemed to be flexible tubing to connect between the pump and the pipes in the RV, and insulating stand-offs for mounting the pump.

When the dealer 'fixed' mine, he just put some foam tubing over the pipes. This muffled the rattle... for a while. Then it was back worse than ever.