Rear Slide wont go out

JimE

Folks I have a 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit and the rear slide wont go out. It has a small panel with a center select switch and the front and rear slide switches. The front works ok and when I hit the rear slide button I hear a relay click but then nothing. If I push hard and wiggle sometimes it will start to go out. I figure I either have a bad switch or a bad relay. What I can't figure out is how to pop off the switch plate to access the switches. It appears that the plastic cover should just pop off as there are no set screws etc holding it in place. When I try I get a bit worried as it feel like I am pulling the whole switch assembly off of the wall.

Any clues as to the source of my problem or how to take off the switch cover?

JimE

Never mind, walked away and then went back and figured it out pretty quick. Shorted the pins on the back of the switch and the slide works like new. Now to try and find a switch........

H2H1

Great Jim, so glad you was able to find and fix it your self.,,, well when you get the switch.

C Nash

Jim when all else fails you should be able to find a switch at Radio Shack that would work. Should be able to find the correct one for a 2005 I would think at a good rv store.

I'm sure glad you got that figured out! We have a 2001 Georgie Boy Suite and the rear slide wouldn't go out - -I could hear it click but it wouldn't move. We were told to give it a shove but were really reluctant to do that as we though we COULD get it out and then not in again sooooooo on our trip to Florida, we stopped in Lexington at Bluegrass RV, where we got it and THEY gave it a push - - - and it came out. We were told that the seals around it had stuck and evidently we are not using it enough. They, evidently, need to be exercised too - - - as does the generator! They recommended we get something there they have that we will apply to the seals and it will keep them soft and flexible and then it won't STICK anymore. So, I guess I just wanted to say, I learned something NEW again today. You NEED to keep them "oiled" for lack of a better word and you need to exercise them now and then. Learn so much here. Thanks for this site!

601blues

Be careful with oil, sometimes that can damage seal depending on what they are made of, and the oily surface will cause dirt too stick, I suggest silicone spray lube, it will dry and be slick as monkey snot,and nothing will stick at all, I use in in my shop for everything