refrigerator

fordman01

I'm still new at this RVing,what do most of u do with the refrig. when the RV in not in use,open the doors or keep it running all the time?

akjimny

Re: refrigerator

Denny - When I'm not going to be using the motorhome for a couple of weeks, I turn it off and wipe down the insides with a paper towel to dry things off. My fridge came with two little plastic clips the keep the fridge and freezer doors open about 1/2 inch. This allows air to circulate and keeps things fresh and un-moldy.

If we are going to be rolling out every weekend like we have been, I keep the motorhome plugged in and the fridge working on electricity. That way I don't have to unload everything and pack it all in the home fridge.

So I guess the answer is "Yes, both." :) :) :laugh: :laugh:

LEN

About like Jim if its in use or used frequently it stays cold---ON--, If it will be stored its wiped down with cleaner and baking powder box's set inside with doors open/cracked.

LEN

Grandview Trailer Sa

My Refer is on from Dewinterizing to Winterizing. I belive that Refers that are left on all the time give less problems in the long run. If I have to defrost, I will do it and turn it back on, but I rairly have to do so.

RE: refrigerator

I shut everything down when not in use, including the fridge. Keep the doors open. I made a pair of gadgets from plastic hangers with clips. I melted each end to reshape so they can easily be clipped to the door and shelves.

leslieturn

I'm in agreement that the answer to this question really ends up being pretty subjective no matter which way you look at it. If you use your R.V. frequently (2 or 3 weekends a month) then it probably wouldn't hurt you to keep it plugged in and running all the time. I will say, that is an interesting idea @tvman44 suggested. I never really thought about using it to catch overflow from the house. It might be a good idea to locate a some resources for refrigerator parts as you will use more leaving it on all the time. (Filter Outlet, etc.)