Replacing manual step...oddball bolt pattern

ranbec6

I need to replace a 24" manual single step on a 2000 Tioga 22' class-c we recently bought. Not looking for an electric unit...just a manual that will bolt to the floor as this one does

Have looked at Hickory, Stromberg, Elkhart, etc. tech drawings, and cannot find the bolt pattern I need. Thought I would ask you guys if you know of any oddball makes with the following specs...

4-hole bolt pattern - 5.5" x 24" on hole-centers
8" drop
24" wide

If I can't find one with the right pattern, I'll buy a new one, cut the flanges off, and weld a couple of pieces of angle on with the right pattern in them, paint the and bolt it on. Hate to hack up a brand new step...but I'd rather not drill more holes through the floor.

If I go that route, who makes the best manual single step?!

Thanks for your help...

Randy

Pancanbob

RE: Replacing manual step...oddball bolt pattern

Hi, Randy and welcome to the forum. :) :) :)
Sorry I can’t help with your step. :( :eek: :eek: :(
Here is a list of salvage, they may have what you are looking for. :bleh: :cool: :bleh: :laugh: :approve:
Hope it helps :) :)
Good luck :) :)

RV Salvage/Surplus Yards (List) Updated 4/02/09

http://www.myrvparks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656
;) ;) ;) :) :clown: :question: :shy: :laugh:

ranbec6

Found it! An Elkhart #1624FW...an old model now available through NTP Distribution. I got a tip that it may be an Elkhart step, emailed Elkhart looking for suggestions; and it happens to be a step that they produced for Fleetwood years ago.

Thanks for the suggestion Pancanbob...good info, I'll bookmark the site for future reference.

Randy

Pancanbob

Hi, Randy :) :)
Glade I was able to help. :laugh: :laugh: :bleh: :blush: :clown:
And “THANK YOU” for letting us know that it work out for you…. :approve: :approve: :approve:
So many people post questions, then never return to let us know if it was a help or not. :angry: :angry: :dead: :disapprove: :dead:
it is nice that you did…
Take care,
:clown: :laugh: :) :cool: :clown: :laugh: :shy: :shy: