Replacing Tubing and Lighting in older Pop-up

Shep Huntwood

I just bought my first camper---a 1998 Jayco Eagle 8 pop-up. For the most part it's in great condition, but I need to replace a couple of things and am a complete novice when it comes to anything RV-related. Please bear with me.

First, the hose running from my 5-gallon portable water jug to the faucet looks pretty gross on the inside. It's a clear tubing with "NP-3/8 Cast Products PVC NP CW 3/8 ID 15955 117138" printed on it. Since I have no idea what any of that means, I was hoping someone could tell me where I can get a replacement and what to ask for.

There's also a different type of tubing running from the city water hook-up to the faucet. It's a milky white material that has "Qest Pex" printed on it, along with a bunch of other numbers and letters that mean nothing to me. Should I replace this tubing, as well, even though it seems clean? And if so, where can I get a replacement?

Second, a plastic tab that holds the taillight lens to the taillight is broken off, so the lens doesn't stay on. Would it be near-impossible to find the proper replacement part? Do I need to replace the taillights altogether?

Thanks for any help you can offer this new trailer owner.