Repo's

notagain

My wife and I are in the process of going full time. We have been researching for a year now and are just about ready. I have found some bank repo dealers who sell late model quality motor home for 10 to 30 thousand less than dealer lots. Is this to good to be true? Any suggestions? We life in Florida and I am looking at one. Any help will be received gladly.

C Nash

Repo's

Be careful on these units as some of them may be from Katrenia floods. Most of them I have seen the banks want more than normal probably because of the amount owed on them. Might see a lot more in the future. Banks will generally take an offer much less than asking their asking price. Run a car fax on the serial # if possible or find the previous owner and talk with them. INSPECT, INSPECT and get a friend to look and inspect also. Watch for any kind of water damage. One little spot will turn into cancer when repairing. What year and brand are you looking at?

ARCHER

Repo's

You can also check with the banks/credit unions as to whether they are taking bids on repos. I bought a boat many, many years ago from a credit union that was repo'd and got it for about 10 grand less than market value. Had it for ten years and sold it for just a little less than 4 thousand from what I paid for it. Most repo's will need a little work done on them, as those that lose them to repo, normally don't take good care of them, so "buyer beware".......as Chelse stated, INSPECT and then INSPECT again. If you find OARS in the storage compartment, I'd shy away from it.... :approve: :) :laugh: ;)

hertig

Repo's

Keep in mind that you can usually get 20 to 25% off of the List price quoted by dealers. So make sure that the '10 to 30,000' is really less than you can get a new, warranteed unit for. Much less; as was mentioned earlier, people who are likely to have their units repossessed are unlikely to take any care of it.