Resorts near NYC

nsleeper

Upon retiring, I want to spend some quality time in the NYC area. Can anyone advise me of some quality campgrounds that will accommodate a big rig .......New Jersey, New York, anywhere within driving distance of the city.
Many thanks..........

Pillaz

RE: Resorts near NYC

I beleive there is a marina and campground on the New York/ New Jersey border that is the closest to NYC. I forget the name but I am sure that you can find it online. I have never stayed there and I might be concerned about security but what the heck do i know. Good luck driving your big rig in the city. I would take the train into the City. Just my opinion. Good luck

kmsavage1

We liked Croton Point County Park in Croton-on-Hudson, NY. It has full hookups, $30/Nite of $120/week last summer. Train to NYC is about 1 1/2 miles from the park. Very nice park on the Hudson river. Close to West Point and Sleepy Hollow.

nsleeper

Re: Resorts near NYC

Hey, thanks Shorty. I saw Blackbear on the internet. Only 1 hour drive into the city or take a tour. Want to take a couple of weeks and see NYC on my terms......leisurly!!

Nancy
Tampa, FL
07 Coachman Aurora, FWS

nsleeper

Thanks Kent & Peggy...........will give this county park a try. Like the idea of the train for a couple of the days. Will be anxious to see how close this is to Katonah, NY. I'm a confessed Martha fan..........anxious to get a look at her home there.

Happy travels!

Nancy Sleeper
Tampa, FL
07 Coachman (37ft) Aurora FWS
04 Cavalier Toad