Retractable steps

Bluenosers

We have recently purchased an '88 Fleetwood Bounder. The retractable outside steps sometimes do not work when the door is opened with the switch on. Any advice as to what to lubricate and with what lubricant to improve their performance?

Bluenosers

GLSmock

Retractable steps

I like to use a good spray or squirt on lithium white grease.ther are several places to apply it,wherever it moves,spray it good.Lithium grease clings better than just oil.It lasts a long time.If that dont work and your steps are made by Kwikee,contact them at www.kwikee.com-they have a bunch of instructions to go by.(LOL) Thats,Lots Of Luck!! GL ;) :approve:

ARCHER

Retractable steps

Bluenosers,
I have a 89 Winnebago with the power steps and sometimes they don't work either, but it is not because they need lubing, it is because of the switch being in the wrong position. It takes a few tries but eventually it works just fine. You can set the steps to stay out (or not work even with the door opening or shutting) based on the switch position. They run off the aux batteries so make sure your switch is in the on position for the aux batteries.
If they don't work, contact the maker and they can guide you or find an owner's manual for you.
Regards :laugh:

C Nash

Retractable steps

Bluenosers,
Agree with Archer. Sounds like an elictrical problem to me. Should be a switch on the door and an on off inside the door as Archer said. Sounds like it's time to get out the old meter and start tracking. Some are also tied in with trans shifter.