rides bad

hobo

I have a 2002 Monoco Diplomat when I road tested it was on good road.When on a rough road I feel everything.It seems like I even feel every little rock.
Is this the way they drive or do I need to repair or replace something.
My first motor home.
Thanks

vanole

Re: rides bad

hobo,

My previous coach was and 00 Dip. Road great. Have your ride height and alignment checked. Many folks who complain about the Roadmaster ride switch to Koni shocks and swear by them. If I remember correctly the 00 came with bilsteins and I swithched all 8 out and it improved the ride not sure what the 02 had on it. Another area to look at is the tires you have the coach. Original tires on the 00 Dip were G165's and they were a rough riding.

V/R
Jeff

ironart

HI Hobo, Sounds to me like a "Shock" problem.....or too much air in the tires.....

Personally, I like Blisteen shocks but my MH has leaf springs (Ford F53 chassis).....Some with coil springs or Air bags like Koni FPS......Just two schools of thought..... You might want to research other posts on this problem.... (Sorry if I misspelled ) but you get the idea....

hobo

RE: rides bad

Thanks for the information.I checked and the unit has Monroe shocks on it.
The tires are new and have the right air presser.
A friend told me to put Bilstein shocks on and that should make a good ride.Are they a good shock.
Thanks again for the help

ironart

Hobo.....I just installed Bilstein shocks on my Dolphin (F53 chassis) and Love them....I replaced Monroes and would never go back :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

As I mentioned earlier...Koni is also a Fine Shock.....There is a difference of opinion on which is better for which suspension....Leaf Springs tend to respond better with Bilstein shocks and Air bags and coil springs tend to respond better with Koni FPS shocks.....Do your research and talk to as many as you can about this.....I would hate for you to have a bad experience with Blistein shocks when Koni FPS would have been a better choice.....for Your Rig

vanole

Both are good shocks however I would say for your application go with the Koni seeing how I switched to Koni from Bilstein and noticed and improvement. Do your shopping this will set you back some coin and research to include other sources . Hobo in your post you say new tires and correct pressure. Is the pressure you are using in the tires on a loaded coach determined after weighing? Or off the Placard?

V/R
Jeff

hobo

RE: rides bad

I adjust the air presser by weight.
What I'm getting is a pounding ride.I'll check on both brands of shocks and hope they made the ride better.
Thanks for all the info.and help

Paul235

I also have F53 chassis and made a big improvement with Bilsteins up front (old shocks were toast) and a Davis Tru-Trac added to the front end . It now goes straight down the road no matter what.