Rockwood Roo - Any comments

Happy Camper

We currently have a 2003 Rockwood Roo expandable TT. We like it but it leaks and the dealer can't seem to find the leaks. We are going to trade it in and we were thinking about another 2003 Rockwood TT. The model we are looking at is the 8292DS. Have any of you had any problems with leaks? Any input in general about Rockwoods would be appreciated. The dealer told us this is not common. Not sure if we have a lemon or what. Thanks for your help.

ARCHER

Gosh Happy Camper....welcome to the forum. Sounds like I'd be looking for another brand, if I were you. Don't understand why they can't find the leak and fix it. Good luck.
;) :)

janicenlarry

I'd be looking for both another brand and another dealer. Dont understand why he cant find a leak. He just isnt trying hard enough :(

Carrie Gram

The Rockwood Roo, Jayco Kiwi and Fleetwood products,. . any TT mixing with tent material - for some reason always leaked, every one of them. I have sold RV's and TT for over 7 years and have had many dealings with Jayco's, Fleetwoods and Rockwoods. They all leak where the TT is connecting to the tent material. Some manufacturer's (i.e. Fleetwood Prowlers) actually got out of the business of making the hybreds because of this problem.

ARCHER

Terry, I have to disagree with your statement "They all leak where the TT is connecting to the tent material". I had a Rockwood pop up camper years ago....1970's and just sold it a couple years ago and never, never had any leak at all. Canvass was like new when I sold it.

Happy Camper

Thanks for the info. We are definitely trading our expandable in. It actually didn't leak at the tents, we think it was leaking from the slide-out in several different areas. 2-3 days after it would rain, we would have water on the floor. The dealer has been very nice about everything so we are going to stay with them. Have you had any/many problems with the Rockwood Roo 8292DS? That is a regular TT not an expandable. Would you recommend the Roo's or should we stay away. The problem we are having is ... We want stay with a new 2003 or 2004 and the ones the dealer has left,I don't really care for the floor plans. The Rockwood was the only floor plan that I liked. My sister's friend had a Rockwood several years ago and as they were driving down the freeway, parts of the trailer were blowing off. With that and our problems, we don't know what to do. As I said, maybe we just had a problem TT and the majority of them are fine. Once again, any advise would help. Thank you.

janicenlarry

HC, the dealer may have been "nice about everything" but they still didnt fix the problem. Neither did the manufacturer. Also you continue to hear problems with the Rockwood and you still you stick with both of them?
Hellowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. (that was your wakeup call) :clown: