Roof vent screens

Pelaine

Hi, I'm cleaning the MH and there's lots of fir needles, etc, sitting on top of the screens. How all that debris gets in there I don't know since we have the vent covers but it does and lots of the needles work their way through the screens and fall all over everything.

The question: do I have to unscrew the whole unit or is there a way to take just the screens down?

Thanks,
Pat

C Nash

Re: Roof vent screens

On mine I can just remove the handle and four screws from the inside and drop the screen and clean. What type do you have/

vanole

RE: Roof vent screens

Pelaine,

I know my three fantastic fan screens screw out no problem and have never had any issues with pine needles and they are covered. (guess I better keep my fingers crossed) However the one in the bathroom some off the wall brand Monaco put in their for the life of me I can't pop the screen out. However my wife has gotten it out once and vowed never again. For that one I take my wifes hair dryer and blow the "chunkies" up and off the screen. In time they make there way back. When on the roof of the M/H if I remember I will reach in and get them out.

V/R
Jeff

try2findus

Pelanie-the way I do it is with our leaf blower. DO NOT turn it on until it is pointed at the vent. Blows them clean in seconds!

Pelaine

That's why I said I don't know how the needles get on the screens - we do have the $30(+) vent covers. It's also one of the reasons we got the covers - our property has multitudes of trees. They do keep the rain out, though, so that's good.

Pat

Pelaine

Jeff, Jeanie and Randy - don't think blowing the screens off from the inside would work since we do have the vent covers. I'm guessing the debris will fly up, hit the top of the covers and fall right back on the screens. Guess I'll tackle taking the screens down.

Pat

try2findus

Actually, we have the vent covers as well, but I suppose the force of the air blows it up and out, kind of in a swirl so within a few seconds, all the pine needles and leaves are gone. We tried taking the screens down but the screws were too tight and we were afraid we would strip them.

ironart

I just installed a new "Fantastic Fan" in my MH and the new ones do not use screws anymore....The screen just snaps in....There is a little raised part on the screen where you can slip your fingernails or something bent in there and just snap it out. I have pine needles too and they are the worst....vacuum won't even pick them up sometimes. :( :(