Room for 40 footers??

tnsteele

My wife and I are planning on extended traveling beginning next summer. We are now looking at used (5 years old) 40 foot diesel pushers. We have discounted National Park passes and discounted California passes. My question is - how much does a 40 foot RV limit access to camping sites versus our 30 foot class C (w/o slides) which we now own. We are not uncomfortable boon-docking, but would occasionally enjoy a stay with amenities, and we feel that we will need a larger rig if we are going to stay on the road:)

akjimny

Hi TN and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. The short answer is 10 feet. But seriously, if you have camped in a 30 footer, you probably already have a good idea of what you can get in and out of with a 40 footer. You will have fewer options in some of the national and state parks because they weren't built when everyone had mega-campers. Back in those days folks had tents, pickup campers and small trailers. You will just have to recon the campground before you pull in, either on the internet or on the ground. This is not much help but I wish you well with your new RV.:):)