Rv Atlas

debrichard

Hi, what would be the best RV atlas for a couple new to rv'ing? Well, we've had it a yr. and have an older Truckers Friend book, it's ok Would love one that is up to date, 2010, and have big rig friendly stops, exits, and campground info.
thanks!!

H2H1

Re: Rv Atlas

just join the Good Sam club and they will send you one free of charge :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

vanole

debrichard,

GS will send you one.

A couple other nice books to have is one titled The Next Exit"

Also "The Trailer Life Directory" additionally the Mapquest RV Campsites book is okay.

One other source is if you are a AAA member. THey offer regional Campbooks and they mimic just about everything in the "Trailer Life Directory". Use that in conjunction with the Maps they provide. Campgrounds on teh Map are identifiable by a small Teepee.

I'm sure other will help. I really like the on titled "The Next Exit" really helps when you ae searching for fuel when in teh M?H.

V/R
Jeff

akjimny

I used Woodalls for the trip to Alaska. Sometimes the directions are a little cryptic, especially if you are coming in from the opposite direction they used to describe the route.

TexasClodhopper

You may have to be a member to see this page, but the GS Travel Atlas is not free normally, but like Hollis said, it very well could be a sign up bonus. However, $15 is pretty close to free. :clown:

http://www.goodsamclub.com/TravelStore/ProductDetails.aspx?productid=275I&category=directories&categoryid=2

vanole

Tex,

I went and looked at my GS paperwork. You are correct it was an incentive to join. I've received it twice upon renewal of membership. I do not intend to renew again. GS did nothing wrong its just I figred out I get the same or better campgound discounts with AAA and there route planning is better in my opinion. I really do like there cambooks broken down by region also.

I switched my Roadservice to Coachnet 2 years ago because they were cheaper and had a few more perks than GS.

Somehow my wife change our normal AAA for autos to something called AAA Premier RV. The only thing that does for me is that the service is is only good where it is availiable (limited locales). However Rule 1 of the salt mines pertains: "Whatever makes my wife happy, tickles me to death"

V/R
Jeff