rv cover

C Nash

Re: rv cover

A fully inclosed garage concrete floor is best. Metal carport style with concrete slab, gravel, dirt. Adco covers for the area you live. JMO

skydo

If you are looking for a cover spend the extra money and get a Tyvek cover. Generally around the $350-$425 range. Keeping your RV under cover in the winter months will be the best thing you do for your camper. Exposure to the elements will take years off of your camper's life!

lasoyatang

RE: rv cover

Thanks for the help. I do not have a garage but I am going to buy a cover. Do you think I have to park it on gravel or is level dirt good enough if I rubberrize bottom of camper frame?

LEN

Guess I'm on a different page. If I cannot get a solid cover of some type(building) mine set in the weather. The cover holds in moisture and causes rot. Mine is parked in the open over the winter with no heat and dry-ez or some drying agent with a window cracked and also a roof vent. If I could get power to it there would be a small heater on.

LEN

C Nash

I have never covered mine and like Len I would not use anything other than a building of some sort. When you park put boards under the tires to keep them off the ground and if on dirt try to try to mound the area underneath to advoid water standing underneath. Course this would be true even if on concrete. A moisture barrier such as plastic on the ground helps also. AJMO

lasoyatang

RE: rv cover

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE INFO ! I'm going to buy an ac cover and not cover the camper . Any chance the snow will damage the rubber if i do not cover it?

LEN

It should be fine, but I would not go walking up there in real cold weather. If I needed to lessen snow load I would do it from a ladder and a softer broom. I never have taken the snow off and have had 24" several times.

LEN

H2H1

Well I cover mine with a Tyvek cover beginning late Oct, thru March and it is kept on concrete with some 2x12 boards under all of the tires. And after I remove the cover I wash it with a solution of water and Clorox. Then the hard job of waxing and buffering it. This removes any mold that may occur during the winter. Now what Nash has written is true, if I could build a garage in my back yard for my MH I would. And I would have it heated and cooled, however, the HOA will not allow it. :( :( :(