rv design

bookseller

We are going to buy a fairly late used fifth wheel RV in the near future and live in it full time but with no traveling. Our biggest frustration is the fact that most of them try to force us into sleeping in our bathroom. I assume the designers probably cannot spell privacy let alone feature it in a design. I certainly don't think a flimsy accordian door is the answer.

I wonder if anyone living in an rv full time has had any luck in building a wall between the bathroom and the bedroom - you know, like 100% of the houses today. I am willing to retrofit the one we buy but don't want to screw it up, something I am very good at when it comes to mechanical things. Any suggestions?

Bounder Boy

Re: rv design

ED: We too somewhat feel your pain. When we went looking, I can't tell you the number we saw with either a sink or shower in the bedroom. YIKES. I may be old school, but I just do not feel comfortable with the moisture issue. I would rather have it all contained in a small bathroom with a fan to directly exhaust it.
Good Luck with your project and it is somewhat comforting to know others have the same thoughts as us.
BB

H2H1

well it is obvious that women don't design RV's. If so I truly believe more would be sold, if only to satisfy the lady of the house .Also the layout would be better in their view, which may be on the man's view.

bookseller

I couldn't agree with you more. It's my wife who is pushing for the privacy and I am with her all the way. We have seen a few that meet our standards when it comes to that issue so I don't think I'll have to retro-fit. I would like to see a forum on RV design submitted only by women. I'll bet the manufacturers would get an earful"

Regarding your signiture, I finally have a candidate I can support - Ron Paul!

bookseller

We intend to go to PPL in Houston when we are ready to buy. They always have enough in stock so that finding the right one shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.