rv direct

Frank I

I'am looking for feedback on a company that sells RV's called RV Direct. I welcome any comments or experiences with them . Thanks

C Nash

Re: rv direct

Frank, I have no experience with RVDirect but would worry about warrenty work and service. I had still rather deal with local dealers. Maybe someone that had dealt with them will post.

Frank I

RE: rv direct

thank you C Nash.. as far as repair and warrenty work, I ve never heard of any dealer turning away a unit because the unit wasn't purchased there. warrenty work is money in the bank ..and return repair work pays well also..I
am looking for people how may have purchased a unit form RV Direct to see if they had any bad experiences..Thank you for yor reply..like the site very much..looking forward to using it ..

scottysgng

RE: rv direct

I called Rv didect using my area code for a new MH & got a quote of $99k then called giving a local area code & the quote was $132k. Don't know why & they would not answer

Grandview Trailer Sa

Places like RV Direct just want to turn and burn units. They are not building customer relationships at all. I am glad to say that at least most of my customers come back, and many turn into friends that we actually camp with during the year. The best advertising is word of mouth and that is how I have stayed in business 23 years. Treating customers like I want to be treated and they (you) appreciate it.

H2H1

Amen Ken that the only way to do business, as you stated word of mouth is the best advertising any one can get. If I ever decide to go back to TT,or 5er you will be my first choice. I hope you are in business for another 23. Good Luck

campers4u

as for dealers turning away warranty work, it happens alot, now if your passing through on vac. and have a issue, i will bet any dealer will help you out,,,,, BUT, if you take it to a local dealer in your area, and the unit was bought out of state,,,,, be ready for the " take it back to where you bought it" or bring it in on the off seasion ( winter work) most customers wont like it, but some understand.... As for making lots of money on warranty,,,,, LOL,,,,,, that is not true,,, maybe a break even or very, very little. from talking to other dealers in my area most are doing the work,,,BUT,,,, charge the customer there shop rates and have them deal with the mfg. for repayment. this is something I am thinking of doing.... but will more than likely not have to do it because I dont have many issues with Gulf Stream units and can match any of the wholesalers prices out there. Not to be rude, but the RV business is not like buying a car , dealers are not obligated to work on units that they didnt sell, some will some wont.

I think your best bet is to use the prices from the wholesaler w/ shipping and go to your local dealer. In todays market I know they will take it and you will get the service you might need ( depending on the brand your looking at ) might be a huge benefit !!!!!!!!

Ellsberry Rv