RV Farming - Work Campers

dancingcreek

I'm looking for advice and ideas. I am an veteran Rv'er that has now settled into a nice 30 acre farm in Southern Virginia. This is my dream and my hope is to build an eco community using solar and growing organic. So far I've done pretty good on my own. see www.dancingcreekfarm.com
I've built a greenhouse, beds and even a small business.

Now I am ready to go to the next level but need help. I can't afford high salaries & its important to find others of like mind. I feel that most RV'ers have a mindset, love the environment and natural living. Eventually we'll develop the rest of the land for park cabins and RV's that can use full solar.

anyhow, I have a hook up not far from the barn, under some trees, very nice. It has water, electric, cable & even wireless internet. I'm thinking about finding Rv'ers that can stay 2-3 or longer months offering them a hook up and small salary in exchange for 20 hours per week. Of course they need some handy skills which i think most Rv'er have, right? The job involves physical labor, gardening, landscaping, animals. You really have to like this kind of work.
I've posted on workkamper before but it seems that many are interested in hookup and a light job involving maybe 10 hours.

So my question is- if you worked 20 hours how much weekly would you want to get paid? Remember your hook-up is free plus you get access to the eggs and produce we grow.

also, how long would you want to stay? I really can't see teaching someone and having them stay only a week. I think a few months is good. Even in the winter I can use people in the greenhouse.

anyhow your ideas and feed back would be greatly appreciated.

TexasClodhopper

Re: RV Farming - Work Campers

This is a forum for recreational RVing.

Your questions would be more appropriate on the Workampers Forum where people congregate to discuss working while RVing.

We discuss having fun here, mostly.

PS. I searched the Workamper forum for "Tamara" and "dancing creek" and "dancingcreek" and didn't find any posts. Can you point me to your login profile name, so I can review your previous posts about your workamping requests?

dancingcreek

Ok well honestly wasn't sure where to post. Is there a work camper forum here? If so I'll look for it now.

TexasClodhopper

I'm happy to report that Tamara (dancingcreek) posted a message at workampers forum and got some good advice on employing RVers.

G

where did u find that place ,, tex ???? was it on here or another board????? :) :) :)
Never mind ,,, "hit the blue link thingy u idiot" :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blackeye: :blackeye:
That was for me ,, after i looked back at u'r post ,,, DUH ,, big blue link :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :dead: