RV for Jan, Feb & March 2009 needed!

vielgrader

Dear RVer,

We are a couple living in the UK and we would like to become "Snowbirds", spending the winters in the Southern parts of the US. The RV lifestyle is very appealing to us and we are thinking of spending Jan, Feb and March 2009 travelling, touring and exploring.

Currently, we are looking for an RV owner who would be prepared to rent his/her RV to us for the first quarter of 2009.
If you are not using your RV during this period and would like to get some return on your investment, we would love to hear from you. Any location in the US is fine and we would prefer one of the larger rigs considering the length of the trip.

Drop us a line so we can get to know each other and discuss the details.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Rene & Simone

Pillaz

RE: RV for Jan, Feb & March 2009 needed!

I 'd sooner rent you my house than my motorhome. You may be able to find someone to rent you one but I doubt it. Look for RV Rentals... Good Luck

Kirk

Re: RV for Jan, Feb & March 2009 needed!

Rene & Simone,

The problem is that over here if one were to rent out his RV the insurance would not be valid and the rate for a policy that allows for rentals is far to expensive to be practical for a one time rental. I doubt that you will find a private rental for this reason, and if you should I strongly suggest that you find a way to purchase your own insurance for it since the owner's policy is not going to be valid once the unit is rented.

On the other hand, there are many business here that do rent RVs. Most RV owners here who wish to gain rental income from their RVs, do so by going with what is called a "lease back" deal where the business rents the unit from the purchaser and the business then handles all of the insurance and does the leasing it out to the customers.

DL Rupper

Good luck. RV's are a personal thing with most of us. I know I would never even borrow mine out to close friends. :)

JW07

Rene & Simone:

You were looking for a RV to rent in Jan, Feb, and Mar of 2009! I have a 06 Coachmen Mirada w/one slide that I will sell you! After your trip, you can put it up for sale or take it back to the UK with you. Coach has 2,650 miles on the odometer and still has the "new" smell in the cabin.

Coach Ready for the Road!

jw07 :) :cool: :laugh: :question:

H2H1

as it been stated before, most of us are attached to our RV and would rather let you have our homes than our RV. I will not even let me brother use mine much less a stranger. I am sorry if that hurts someone feeling, but that my feeling. I would go to rv rental site and look for a good rental, or buy one and sell if not wanting to take it back to the UK. anyway happy camping and enjoy our great and beautiful country

C Nash

Mark, look over on the left upper side of the page under rvs and you will find a place where you can advertise your rental business and sponser RVUSA. I looked and did not see a ad for yours.

big bilko

Rene@ Simone ,Be wary of buying a motorhome with plans to take it back home with you. There are many pitfalls with doing this with registration and width limits. Best to check all these details before jumping in . Regards BIG BILKO :) :) :)