RV insurance

krsmitty

We use State Farm (also home, car) for our RV insurance. Wanted to see what others are using/recommend.

Thanks

vanole

Re: RV insurance

National Interstate for our Motorhome, USAA for everything else.

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

akjimny

I have USAA for the home and car, GEICO for the motorhome and motorcycle. USAA doesn't insure motorhomes - they use Progressive as a partnership. Progressive couldn't match the price I have with GEICO.

Triple E

I have State Farm for the house. I left State Farm on the auto's and motor home because of cost. Went to Good Sam, GMAC. Yesterday I got a quote from Geico. Geico is $700.00 less then GMAC. So now I have Geico. :cool:

:8ball:

H2H1

Well Steve I did the same thing. I had GMAC on the house, 03 motor home, 06 Toyota Truck and the 98 Saturn. but GMAC kept going up that I refused to pay that kind on money. I contacted Geico and took my policy to them for comparison,,,, apple to apple. Well I go better coverage for about $754.00 difference. I don't know how they do it but glad I did. Now I just hope if I have a claim they don't play hide and seek with me. :laugh: :laugh:

I forgot to say, I kept the house with GMAC, but will change this fall.

Cruzincat

Don't have an RV, yet, but we did have Geico until about a month ago. Over time, we had Geico, the kids grew up started driving and naturally our insurance went up in cost. Slowly our kids started on their own and we were left with one. She finally bought her own car, and went with State Farm for her insurance. With all the kids gone, and no claims from either of us, our cost did not go down much at all. We went with State Farm and saved a bundle. Yeah, Geico will beat other companies to get your business, but if you have circumstance that should be lowering your premiums, you'd better look around.
OH, btw, my daughter bought a Toyota Corolla one week before all this recall business started!

C Nash

Progressive here and Geico or Gmac were much higher for same coverage. Yes, I read the coverage straight off my policy to them. I have had Progressive for 12 yr and other companies keep sending saying they can save 2 to 400 dollars. Call them ever year and nope they are higher. Get their gifts for getting quotes from them :laugh: and then throw most of them in the trash. Now I know Tex is going to jump me again for giving Progressive money :eek: :laugh: ;) :evil:

dfedora

I joined Progressive direct this year for the rv.$300 cheaper then anyone else that had coverage in Ma. They stated they had all kind of services for any on road break downs for No charge Including Tire change /repair , out of gas , even towing to a quilified rv repair center all for no charge . Has anyone had any use for those services? Its even written in the my policy.....

Dick

dfedora

What I thought I was asking was, has anyone used Progressive for any of those services???? towing, tire changing/repair ect.

Clay L

I had Progressive before we moved to SD. In SD GMAC was cheaper so we switched. While we had Progressive I used them for flats on the coach twice. Gmac did not offer ERS so I went with Good Sam ERS.
The ERS companies will change a tire (spare) or mount a new tire on the wheel and put it on the coach. They do not fix flats though.

As to how good the service is - it depends on the company they have contracted with where you need the service. The same service company may very well contract with several insurance companies so with my Good Sam ERS I could get the same service company as you do with Progressive.

The first time I used the Progressive ERS was when I had a blowout. The first guy they sent out could only handle car tires. The second guy was able to do the job and brought a new tire with him. The price charged for the new tire was high but not way out of line.

The second time I used them was for a flat and the guy they sent did not have a compressor and impact wrench on his truck or the right tools to handle the 475 foot pounds of torque needed to remove and replace the lug nuts on my coach.
It took some of my tools and both of us to remove and replace the lug nuts.

dfedora

Thank you for your response .
So it's not a smoke screen they really do provide the service. That is very reasurring that there is a service that I my relay on if needed. Hope it's never needed tho.

Thanks
Dick
2005 Sunseeker :)

H2H1

OK this has my mind wondering now... I had GMAC INS. and Good Sams ERS. I have changed INS due to cost. I now have Geico and the ERS has expired, so My question is does PROGRESSIVE sell a ERS to someone who has their insurance with another Ins co.? And does anyone know if Geico sell the ERS ? If none of these are offer I guess I will go back to GS ERS.

thanks

dfedora

My ERS was included in my policy at N/C along with other Vacation liability insurance.I was very happy with the whole process. There are few Insurance companys that offer rv ins. in ma.

Dick
2005 Sunseeker