RV lighting

rubyamm

I just bought a 1996 Gulfstream Conquest. The lights in it are pretty old looking and I want to update them. I was thinking about routing the wire from the ceiling to the wall to put up a few sconces. Does anybody think that I will have a problem hooking up any kind of lighting, or do I need to get lights made specifically for RVs?

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: RV lighting

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

You have a great trailer, we sell them!! You can install any light you want as long as it is 12 volt. Your Conquest does not have any 120 volt lights in it.

goldhouma

Thank you for posting this, we also, would like to change out our standard lights for something more pleasing...I like the globe over head lights and wall sconces as well. We have a Four Winds 5th wheel 2003. Does the globes require the same type of bulbs as the standard slide switch lights? and.. where can I purchase them?

Grandview Trailer Sa

Different lights will require different bulbs. Also, SOME trailers could have a couple of 120 volt lights. The Canyon Trail and Prairie Schooner, that we sell also will have 120 volt in the main slideout.

In my online store, you can see a lot of lights that are available. We will ship them to your door. Go to: www.grandviewtrailersales.com, and click on the online store button on the left. When you get in the store, you can search lights and it will take you that area.

ARCHER

For those that are looking for 110 volt lights, you might want to try WalMart as long as you have plugs/power for 110. We Bought a nice Brushed Nickel lamp for on the dinning table of our SunSet Creek , and we liked it so well, we bought two Brushed Nickel clip on lights for each side of the sofa. We also have a small light, alarm clock and radio plugged into 110 by the bed. I guess we like the fact that this unit has 8 110 plug in's inside and a double covered plug outside. No Generator, so I need to bel plugged into shore power to use those light, etc. I also bought a three pack of the tubular type bulbs from Sam's club, and they do NOT get warm at all. I use them in the two clip on lights by the sofa. Anyway, that is what we do for lighting. I failed to mention that there are lots of 12 volt lights in this unit......we just love it. ;)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Had not seen those bulbs before, thanks for the website. There are some interior LED fixtures hitting the market, but not usually seen in many RV's yet. I remembered seeing some after I wrote that earlier post.