rv newbies, fulltiming hopefuls, with a PROJECT on hand. help!

kurtronix

hello rvusa! me and the mrs. just bought a 95 class c travelmaster. 22ft. it only has 45900 miles on it but it has some pretty TERRIBLE water damage. i knew about it going in, so i got what i believe to be a pretty good deal. thinking ill have a project anyway, customizing it for our fulltiming dreams(one of these days) if the house sells.
i need just some general help with what kind of stuff to do to fix the walls under the windows and seal everything up. one question i cant find anywhere is...

i took out the dinette to get to the wall. there are big heavy steel mounting brackets that look like their only use is seat belts. there are only going to be 2 of us riding at any time, so i was wondering about taking them out to save A LOT of weight and space. is that ok?

thanks

C Nash

Re: rv newbies, fulltiming hopefuls, with a PROJECT on hand. help!

Welcome to the forum Kurt. If you know you will never need them think it would be ok to remove if that is the only purpose of them. If you ever resale might be a problem. Just remember all riding in the rv are supposed to have seat belts.