RV PAINT JOB

H2H1

Well I hope there is someone out there that can help me out. On the side of my MH and only one color I have little bubble showing up. At first there are very small ( like fine sandpaper ) and get as large as the head of a pencil . I took it to my repair shop and his paint and body guy thought it was getting moisture under the paint. we did break a few and sure enough a little bit of moisture came out. SO is there a P & B guy out there that give me any suggestions on what is causing this . I am waiting on an estimate to repaint. Thanks in advance for your help. :(

H2H1

Re: RV PAINT JOB

SORRY I HAD TO BRING THIS BACK OUT, I AM HOPING SOMEONE CAN HELP ME ON THIS PROBLEM

Triple E

Hollis, Is there any damage on the opposite side of the bubbling. I am by no means a P&B. But if you have some hair line cracks on the opposite side of your side wall, would that cause a moisture problem? :question:

:8ball:

H2H1

WELL Steve it is in just one color, the white side does have little hair lines cracks,but the brown is painted over the white FG. So I don't know how the moisture got under the paint. I am hoping the FW will be able to inform us what is causing it. Thanks for your suggestion, and thought

tommiehawke

i don't know if this is any help, but i bought a new '91 maroon and gray chevy truck and the gray paint bubbled up and peeled off. only the gray peeled off. it seems that the gray paint would not adhere to the new primer that GM used and the ultra violet rays would cause it to bubble up and come off in flakes.
icon_smile_dead.gif

ken

H2H1

Thanks Ken, still waiting on FW to see if they have a solution to the problem. I hate to paint it and it does it again. So I am just hanging around waiting.

whitey

Hollis If it was me i would check for a leak somewere and they are hard to fine. I think you should check the roof.

elkhartjim

I haven't been here for awhile but logged of just to see whats happening.

Hollis, two things can cause your problem. You either have some delamination in the fiberglass causing the bubbles to appear or you have a moisture problem. You sure its the paint bubbling and not the clear coat? Clear coat will bubble if it has any cracks/chips, etc that allows moisture to get between the base coat and the clear coat.

The early 90's GM trucks had a problem when they (GM) went to a water based primer due to EPA requirements with the paint peeling. This is not your problem.

Of course this is all just my experience and knowledge gained from being in the P&B business a lot longer than I care to remember. Without seeing your problem, its just a swag.

H2H1

Well thanks Jim, it is in just one color. I don't think this thing has a clear coat, it does not shine anymore. Also what cause the delamination? I don't see how moisture could get behind the paint, there is so much wax in it there is no way for that, unless it is coming from inside the from the FG. it is so confusing to me. I am hoping that Fleet Wood has an answer for me. :laugh:

H2H1

Well two things happen today, I spoke with a Fiber Grass expert about my paint. H etold me it was either a bad prep job or the air compressor filter had moisture in it and was putting moisture in with the paint. I sent a email off to FW giving all the above information. I got a phone call from Ms. Roe, the senior customer representative, well al she said she was sorry, and blamed it on the environment . I told her that a big loop hole catch all to put blame when you they don't want take the responsibility for a bad paint job. ALL IN ALL THEY WAS NOT GOING TO HELP, To me this is a bad customer relationship. All I asked was them to meet me half way, just re do the paint that having the problems, not a full body paint job. To some it up, I will not every buy another Fleet wood again. this is as bad as some other manufacturers. :( :( :( :(