rv parks

stevie

NEW TO RVING----WE WILL BE LEAVING ONTARIO THIS NOV. TRAVELLING THROUGH NEW ORLEANS TO THE WEST COAST OF CALIFONIA---WE HOPE TO SPEND DAYS & WEEKS IN DIFFERENT RV PARKS-----DO WE HAVE TO BOOK IN ADVANCE--WE HOPE WE DON'T HAVE TO STAY ON A SCHEDULE-----ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE A PREFERRED ROUTE----IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT US TO DISCUSS PLEASE EMAIL----WWW.GREWV26@YAHOO.CA

utmtman

Re: rv parks

Welcome to the forum Stevie. Enjoy your travels. I would look at what you want to see and travel accordingly. Good luck

DL Rupper

Nov/Dec is a good time to travel without reservations. Jan is iffy, but if you aren't staying anywhere for a month at a time, you can usually find a place to stay for a few days. The RV parks keep about 1/2 of their sites for overnighters as they charge more for short stays.

elkhartjim

In my humble opinion, unless you've got some real strong reason for going, I would use my time almost any place other than New Orleans. As far as reservation go, I usually call the day before for reservations so as not to have a tight schedule to adhere too. Some of the busier areas, ie. Grand Canyon, etc you would probably need to make reservations way in advance, however, fuel cost are slowing allot of rv'er's down. Not sure if NO has any cg open yet...they're still waiting on the government to rebuild them. That was ugly...sorry.

C Nash

We went west from ALabama to Cal in Jan and returned April and never made a reservation without any problems. We avoided high tourist places and stayed out a ways most of the time. 90 through southern Texas is a great route and good road. Don't miss Big Bend Texas.