RV Security System

protectRV

I am developing an RV security system. It will be like a home system. Keypad, Keyfobs, Wireless sensors, wireless motion, and a built in cellular piece for notification. The system is designed for do-it-yourselfers. Simply order, receive and hook up to 12v battery system. It comes preprogrammed. It will have a low voltage warning and will send signal to the monitoring service that will then notify you of any trouble conditions. We should be doing an install on a coach in January and filming it for youtube. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask. We are at the input stage of development right now. All concerns and questions are welcome. Thanks Kelly Zauber

C Nash

Re: RV Security System

Now if someone could just figure out how we could protect the forum from freeloaders :angry:

TexasClodhopper

When will they understand that us "old folks" aren't a source of free information for their development efforts?

Damn, just go to an RV park or two and PAY folks to help you make your profits! I'm sure those RVrs could use the money, and you'll still make whatever profits your product can make.

protectRV

Very sorry to offend. My brother-n-law was asking me about protecting his rv. He lives in California and has some concerns about where he stores it. I own a successful security company already, so it isn't exactly about the profits, as much as the development. I really get my kicks out of designing and messing with electronics. You guys know there will only be profits if a product is solid and there is a need. I have a small independant company located in New Braunfels TX, Clodhopper, So I am a TX boy like yourself. Plus you look like a fine "young man", not an "old folk." So if I am really off track on this thing let me know. I am a 36 year old real person, have a beautiful wife Rachel and two daughters, 2yr. old Kayleigh and 4yr. old Kayden. My company is KZ Audio Video Security in NB, TX. You can find videos of our store on youtube. Just search KZ Audio. I am not a greedy corporation just trying to make a quick buck. Sorry if I have offended you guys. We do have a gang load of RV spots in our area, my buddy also owns Iron Horse RV in San Antonio. Just wanted some real life input. Have a great time and look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks Kelly Zauber

C Nash

My problem was when I checked your profile Kelly you had a website that took me to a rv dealer site. See you have removed it now. Welcome to the forum if you hang around and share information w/o selling.

big bilko

RE: RV Security System

I bought a sensor alarm for under $20 at a convience store . 2 remotes supplied plus batteries. Loud enough to hear 100 yards away and can be positioned anywhere in the R V. Has worked well for 2 years now and I also set another unit up at my stick house. No wiring .works like a charm at minimum cost. Regards BIG BILKO :) :) :) :)

protectRV

C Nash. Very sorry to hear about the link to the website. I havent even been to the profile page yet. I was in Dallas at my dads house yesterday waiting on the wife and kids when I registered, so haven't quite had time to set myself up. I actually do not know any RV Dealers. My friend in San Antonio services, but does not sell. Thank you for the info. After work today I will look at the profile page and update it with pics of myself and the fam. Thanks for the advice. Have a great one. Kelly